Keyless locking not quite working

Have had a problem with my 15 mo, 40000k Dodge Journey. Noticed a few weeks ago that when I had locked it using the keyless remote, the button on the driver door didn't quite go down all the way. When I tried the handle, lo and behold the door opened. I tried locking and unlocking several times in a row, sometimes the button went almost all the way down and the door seemed locked, but when I jerked on the handle 3-4 times in succession the button travelled up and the door opened. Have had to resort to locking the driver door manually with the key, luckily it is the only door playing up (so far).

I've got it at the dealer's now, hope they don't charge me. Would think that the door locks should last a little longer than 40000k and 15 months.

Anyone else getting this?

• 2 weeks later...

The dealer had a hard time understanding what the problem was - I had to take him through it step by step on the phone. Then when I picked up the car they said they had found a fix online for the problem (wouldn't say what it was). That would seem to indicate that it is a common problem.

Lock seems to work now, will see if it lasts. No charge.