2009 Dodge Journey Road Test

2009 Dodge Journey Road Test

With the new Journey, Dodge isn't making any bold or provocative claims of shifting the segment or redefining what we know crossovers to be, but it's hinted from the start that it's going to be something different from what people traditionally expect from the brand. The Journey is a vehicle that Dodge is hoping will secure them a solid spot in Europe, and they've taken the development process seriously to match standards. During its development phase, Dodge benchmarked European vehicles, including the Ford S-Max, a multi-activity minivan that's captured the hearts of the European media.

Like the S-Max, the Journey is based off a smaller vehicle, or more precisely a stretched version of the Avenger platform, which means that it in turn is related to the Caliber. But it's not just a case of putting a vertical and horizontal stretch on the hard points of a small car. READ MORE HERE.

• 1 month later...

As I was doing research on this vehicle, I was starved for good reviews that seemed to address my situation as I live in Indiana where the winters frequently come with snow and ice. I ran across this article by John Gilbert. I've subsequently e-mailed Mr. Gilbert with a few questions, and he graciously reponded quickly and answered my questions. Many thanks, again, Mr. Gilbert.

If you're interested in getting a Deep Water Blue Pearl Coat finish on your Journey, I can't seem to find a lot of photos showing that color on the car. Mr. Gilbert's article features two pictures of the blue Journey he was able to test drive.

Here is a link to his article:

Article by John Gilbert about the Journey performance in cold climates.

As I was doing research on this vehicle, I was starved for good reviews that seemed to address my situation as I live in Indiana where the winters frequently come with snow and ice. I ran across this article by John Gilbert. I've subsequently e-mailed Mr. Gilbert with a few questions, and he graciously reponded quickly and answered my questions. Many thanks, again, Mr. Gilbert.

If you're interested in getting a Deep Water Blue Pearl Coat finish on your Journey, I can't seem to find a lot of photos showing that color on the car. Mr. Gilbert's article features two pictures of the blue Journey he was able to test drive.

Here is a link to his article:

Article by John Gilbert about the Journey performance in cold climates.

Thanks for the great link. Someone on here was asking for photos of that color. ;)