Front caliper bolts. Hex head or T-style

Planning on working on my front brakes. Other Chrysler calipers sometimes used T-50 (or other) head caliper pins or bolts.

Anyone that has worked on their American version (do not know if overseas are different) remember if the caliper bolts had hex heads or these round head with the "T" style (star bit) ?? What size "T" bit ??

Thanks !

• 2 months later...

Planning on working on my front brakes. Other Chrysler calipers sometimes used T-50 (or other) head caliper pins or bolts.

Anyone that has worked on their American version (do not know if overseas are different) remember if the caliper bolts had hex heads or these round head with the "T" style (star bit) ?? What size "T" bit ??

Thanks !

I recently did my fronts and backs, they have the hex heads. also the front calipers can just be compressed for the new pads but the back brakes require the brake specialty tool ( the one that looks like a cube) that you turn to compress the caliper. make sure when you get the tool, there is a adaptor on all 6 sides, I made the mistake and bought one from autozone that only had 5 sides with adaptors

I recently did my fronts and backs, they have the hex heads. also the front calipers can just be compressed for the new pads but the back brakes require the brake specialty tool ( the one that looks like a cube) that you turn to compress the caliper. make sure when you get the tool, there is a adaptor on all 6 sides, I made the mistake and bought one from autozone that only had 5 sides with adaptors

What is wrong with one with only from AutoZone? As long as it has the correct pin spacing it should work. There is also a professional grade one that works even better and has more positive engagement that you can basically rent for a set price, and then return getting your money back from AutoZone. Depending on how many brake jobs you do, renting the tool for free might be the better choice.

• 2 weeks later...