Sheild on the exhaust

Our bolts came out of the sheild thing, I'm not sure what it's called but they had to rig some bolts, couldn't get any from the factory so after they installed those my car was very loud, I had waited 2 hrs already that day so I just drove it home .Husband said it was like it didn't have a air filter in it which it does, I'm taking it back but it is so loud when you step on the gas. I want my smooth quiet engine sound again..... I'm disappointed already just because of that and then my daughter said the 09-Journey has bad reviews in the consumer reports. Do you think maybe they're not a good car when they say they aren't?

My old Journey had a loose heat sheild, and was soon fixed when the correct bolts came in to the deealership, these bolts have to withsatnd seriously high temps so just any bolt will not do!!! , it can/will be soon rectified...

You say your getting disappointed already, why??? just because of a rattling heat sheild.... as for reviews every body has an opinion... yes original quality did/was lacking... my original journey suffered 15 major component failures and was finally replaced by my "CARING" Dealership , who unlike Chrysler (UK) who did not seem bothered.... now i have a decent Journey (ok ive only covered 1000 miles in the replacement, buts it is so good, it covers every base and need i have for it, from luigging gear around for work, to hauling my trailer/s to lugging Grandkids about... for the money you sure as heck can not beat it!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Our bolts came out of the sheild thing, I'm not sure what it's called but they had to rig some bolts, couldn't get any from the factory so after they installed those my car was very loud, I had waited 2 hrs already that day so I just drove it home .Husband said it was like it didn't have a air filter in it which it does, I'm taking it back but it is so loud when you step on the gas. I want my smooth quiet engine sound again..... I'm disappointed already just because of that and then my daughter said the 09-Journey has bad reviews in the consumer reports. Do you think maybe they're not a good car when they say they aren't?

Bummer on the bolts BUT things happen. If the bolts thread into the exhaust then, yes, you'll get a horrendously loud noise when they are missing. Hopefully you don't have to drive too long that way.

As for getting bummed about the car, don't let anyone else tell you whether you should or should not like it. YOU need to be the judge of that. If the car satisfies your needs and you enjoy driving it, then the heck with what anyone else says.

As for Consumer Reports, well, I stopped reading them about 20 years ago because I concluded their methodologies were completely flawed. This decision wasn't even based on car reviews but for other, non car related products. But don't take my word for it - read this:

http://www.truedelta.com/pieces/shortcomings.php

Unfortunately, the masses aren't aware of any of this and thus Consumer Reports still carries a lot of influence in the industry.