Trip Computer question

jefferson

Hi-

my wife and I are taking delivery of our 2010 Journey SXT on Monday- we're pumped. We have a quick question for those of you with an SXT, but without the "Premium convenience group", i.e. without the EVIC- what does the trip computer on the stock SXT entail? Does it include MPG calculation, fuel distance, etc., or is it just a trip odometer and compass display?

Thanks- Inferno Red, 7 pax, and we love our Journey!

Great- thanks. I was hoping for the avg. MPG feature, but neither of the dealerships we talked to knew what the features on the trip computer were. One salesman told me that the trip computer was a second odometer that tracked your trip distance ("trip odometer"). I knew that wasn't right :).

Great- thanks. I was hoping for the avg. MPG feature, but neither of the dealerships we talked to knew what the features on the trip computer were. One salesman told me that the trip computer was a second odometer that tracked your trip distance ("trip odometer"). I knew that wasn't right :).

The trip computer is handy, but nothing beats a manual calculation at the pump for determining your overall MPG. I haven't quite figured out the algorithm in the trip computer, but it obviously takes some window of time/miles and performs it's calculation on that. I can be do real well around town, averaging 21-22 MPG (v6 SXT) and then I'll hit 20 minutes of bumper-to-bumper traffic only to have my mileage sink down to 17 or less. The calculation may be accurate for the past hour of driving, or so, but it is not accurate for my overall mileage on the current tankful.

BTW, you also get two trip odometers and the "economy" feedback on the base SXT.