Key Fob Programming

Has anyone had any luck programming extra key fobs?

I know that they have the procedure in the 2009 manual, but I've tried it and it doesn't work, I'm using 2 original fobs but the security light doesn't come on to tell me that it's in programming mode.

Has anyone tried anything different, or is it going to have to be programmed by my dealer?

Has anyone had any luck programming extra key fobs?

I know that they have the procedure in the 2009 manual, but I've tried it and it doesn't work, I'm using 2 original fobs but the security light doesn't come on to tell me that it's in programming mode.

Has anyone tried anything different, or is it going to have to be programmed by my dealer?

I bought an older - but similar part number - FOB and tried to reprogram it. No luck using the 2009 manual info (not found in our 2010 manual).

No luck yet. Disassembled the fob to get the component numbers and look up the spec. Will try to put some of the EE's at work on the project to see if we can get into it.

Bought a key at the locksmith for $2 for the valet part (standard key) to save the dealer cost for this.

Somewhat upset that Dodge is making us pay thru the nose an go to the dealer.