DRL

oke

Hi

I noticed that I never use the fog lights. So I took them out and installed the daytime running lights instead. Here in Scandinavia we must use lights also by daytime, and I keep forgetting them. Now the DRL comes on automatically and I don’t have to use 100watts of normal lights, but instead 10watts of bright LED’s. I think they fit quite nicely in the place of the fog lights.

Greetings Oke

post-456-1259004430_thumb.jpg

post-456-1259004449_thumb.jpg

post-456-1259004462_thumb.jpg

Hi

I noticed that I never use the fog lights. So I took them out and installed the daytime running lights instead. Here in Scandinavia we must use lights also by daytime, and I keep forgetting them. Now the DRL comes on automatically and I don’t have to use 100watts of normal lights, but instead 10watts of bright LED’s. I think they fit quite nicely in the place of the fog lights.

Greetings Oke

post-456-1259004430_thumb.jpg

post-456-1259004449_thumb.jpg

post-456-1259004462_thumb.jpg

Those look nice and bright. So you removed the entire lamp assy? Was it a Dogde part that you installed? I checked around and the PSX24W fog lamp bulbs that Dodge uses are only 24watts each and look quite lame when compared to my new Silverstar Ultra headlamp bulbs. Apparently you cannot put higher wattage bulbs on the factory fog lamp harness. This is not gospel only what I have read.

The DRL’s I used are not original Dodge parts, but common assessor parts. And yes, I took the fog lights completely out. The normal driving lights take 55watts each ( 2x55watts=110watts) and these led’s take only 5watts each (2x5). By using the DRL’s I am saving the normal running lights for night driving . Besides, the led lights lasts longer.

Here is the picture of the DRL I used. It has four bright leds .

post-456-1259046621_thumb.jpg

The DRL’s I used are not original Dodge parts, but common assessor parts. And yes, I took the fog lights completely out. The normal driving lights take 55watts each ( 2x55watts=110watts) and these led’s take only 5watts each (2x5). By using the DRL’s I am saving the normal running lights for night driving . Besides, the led lights lasts longer.

Here is the picture of the DRL I used. It has four bright leds .

post-456-1259046621_thumb.jpg

Interesting. I have not seen those before. I see you are in Finland. Are these available in North America? or would you have a link to the manufacturer? My lights on my 2010 are only 24 watts each, they call them fog lamps but the light they cast is very poor and I have not seen much available so far.

Phil.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...