Infant Car Seat

Skittles019

Anyone have an Infant Car seat installed in their Journey? I put my daughters in (She is 3 months old) (Graco Snugride) and it doesn't fit unless you move the front passanger seat all the way up. I have the 3rd row seat, but should that make a big differance in the seating space? I have tried it in the middle and the right side position.

Anyone have any ideas?

I am 6'3 so even a moving the passager seat up a little bit it uncomfotable for me. I guess I'll have to deal with it. Which seat position do you have yours in?

We have an Evenflo, model somethingoranother. We have ours usually located behind the driver's seat. My wife has no problem with it, but she's short enough that she has the seat all the way forward. I ride with the seat all the way back. The driver's seat interferes when loading when all the way back, but it's not impossible to have the seat there and sits properly once the seat is locked in. I will admit that prefer my seatback a little more upright than most and don't ride with it "homey style."

My friend has a Graco, model somethingoranother. I've noticed that their car seat requires slightly more clearance than the Evenflo.

All that said, we took our car seat with us when we went shopping. The Dodges all put the LATCH rings within easy reach and visibility (my RAM, too). The imports buried them where you couldn't get at them unless you had small hands and were adept with working with tactile feedback for installation. On top of this, we couldn't get our seat installed in a RAV4 unless the driver's seat was fully forward, and then it still interfered with placement and removal. The Subaru was a total joke when it came to this endeavor. After ten minutes, I gave up on trying to connect the LATCH and used the belt instead, then even with the driver's seat fully forward, the base never had a chance of sitting flat when the seat was installed. Unfortunately, the only vehicles that seemed offer more clearance were full-size SUVs and the minivans such as the Grand Caravan/Town and Country.

You've got three possible positions to choose from, so some experimentation may be in order, I guess.