2012 Dodge Journey Window Issues

Hi all,

New to the forums. Recently bought a 2012 Dodge Journey. However I'm having issues with my windows now.

Suddenly the front side passenger windows stopped working. I have checked the motor to see if it was still working, and it seems to be fine because I plugged in a battery to close the window when it wouldn't roll up.

I also checked the fuse and the fuse seems to be okay.

Now... to make matters worse I notice the driver side windows are going up and down super slow now....

Any recommendations on what the issue is or what I should check?

I also unplugged the cars battery for about 10 minutes and still nothing.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

From past experience, and if the window works if you connect an external battery(?), this usually means your battery is not fully charging or you have a bad connection somewhere (possibly corrosion). My last vehicle was doing the same where my driver window would not roll up sometimes (I spent weeks sliding it up by hand) and my others rolled up slower than molasses. I also had the dimming lights when I used the turn signal, which was the biggest clue to the battery. Once I changed the battery, window speed was great, unfortunately, driver's window stopped completely. The wiring going through the door had been pinched and eventually corroded really bad. Replaced that part, insulated the harness at the door, and back to normal. You could also need to lubricate the rollers/tracks because they do dry out. And if you are really adventurous, you could fix the window motor itself because they do dry out and the plastic pieces inside of them crack, break, or wear out (plenty of youtube videos in that).

17 hours ago, Armando G said:

Welcome to the forum.

From past experience, and if the window works if you connect an external battery(?), this usually means your battery is not fully charging or you have a bad connection somewhere (possibly corrosion). My last vehicle was doing the same where my driver window would not roll up sometimes (I spent weeks sliding it up by hand) and my others rolled up slower than molasses. I also had the dimming lights when I used the turn signal, which was the biggest clue to the battery. Once I changed the battery, window speed was great, unfortunately, driver's window stopped completely. The wiring going through the door had been pinched and eventually corroded really bad. Replaced that part, insulated the harness at the door, and back to normal. You could also need to lubricate the rollers/tracks because they do dry out. And if you are really adventurous, you could fix the window motor itself because they do dry out and the plastic pieces inside of them crack, break, or wear out (plenty of youtube videos in that).

Thanks for your reply. However I do not believe it's the battery since its fairly new. I will check the wiring that goes through the door. Is there a DIY or anything on where to look?

Thanks