Get this...from my dealer:

"Monday Morning Update -----

Here’s where reality is stranger than fiction. Yours (VON) is still statusing as “scheduled to be built”. But a week after you ordered yours, we were told by the factory that we needed to add one more order for our final shipments before build out. So we said, OK just make it the same as the one we just ordered (yours).

So as of this morning, yours is still to be built. The other one, an exact duplicate of yours, is already built and has been shipped to Texas. We have an estimated arrival date for Midland of 6/28.

We'll keep you posted.

Jim"

I asked him to let me know if I can get the first one in.

His answer, "Of course"! Sounds like my new Journey is coming soon!!!!!!!!!

Jim,

Can you please tell me everything you order? I order went in on April 24th and I keep being told it is being held up due to the 3rd row seat being on back order. I am kind of confused since you say they built one and it is being shipped to Tx.

Look at my signature to find what is on my order.

Thanks,

Seth

I ordered pretty much everything you have Seth, except I ordered AWD...I even have the same colors as you. After reading all the posts here, I am amazed at the process and don't think they really have a system.

PS, I'm Chris...Jim is the dealer.

Chris,

I'm betting that the car that is on its way is not *exactly* like the one you ordered, notwithstanding what Jim told you. My guess is it's either going to be an SXT instead of R/T or it won't have the Flexible Seating Group. Let us know...

It does seem that with the exception of Hit-By-Thunder who holds the record for longest wait time, that those who ordered R/T's with third row seats are waiting the longest in general for their orders. So there could be something to the 3rd row seats being back-ordered (at least the leather ones).

I ordered pretty much everything you have Seth, except I ordered AWD...I even have the same colors as you. After reading all the posts here, I am amazed at the process and don't think they really have a system.

PS, I'm Chris...Jim is the dealer.

Sorry about the name Chris.

Let me know if the one that did get built is an R/T with the 3rd row seating. If so, I am going to see if my dealer can put some pressure on getting mine built. This is going on way to long. I really feel for Rob now.

Thanks,

Seth

Sorry about the name Chris.

Let me know if the one that did get built is an R/T with the 3rd row seating. If so, I am going to see if my dealer can put some pressure on getting mine built. This is going on way too long. I really feel for Rob now.

Thanks,

Seth

Hey Seth, thanks for feeling for me/us. ;)

Last I checked (Friday 20), the Journey was in Ontario, someplace but hell if I can remember the name of the town :fool: . It is scheduled for pickup on Friday (if it arrives but will pick it up on The Saturday as I want to be SURE there is nothing up with it, squeaks/ hard left turns/ high pitch noise from the Air Cond/ you know, all the complaints everyone else has. I already told the salesman it will be driven before we fork over the cash. The salesman and the salesmanager are great. Even got a complement from the salesman that I was most patient customer he has ever seen and thanked me for that.

The 3rd row was an issue, as well as the Nav at first, from what I heard, but mine has no leather (hate leather and that's why we ordered a full load SXT AWD) My philosophy is "good things come to those who wait" and dang it, I've waited. :hysterical:

:happy feet: Rob the longest waiting YAH!!!!!!! at least I am longest at something tehe ;)

Rob

Rob,

When you finally are driving it you will know it was worth the wait. Ours is in the shop for some add ons and we were given a brand new Grand Caravan SE to drive. Drives well but the engine and wind noise is horrible compared to the Journey.

The Journey with all its teething issues is a fine car. One person actually asked my wife if it had a V8 under the hood because he thought it was a souped up street rod or something. It is an RT with 19 inch chrome clad wheels with black peral paint but nothing else!!

hang in there,

The Stewie

Rob,

When you finally are driving it you will know it was worth the wait. Ours is in the shop for some add ons and we were given a brand new Grand Caravan SE to drive. Drives well but the engine and wind noise is horrible compared to the Journey.

The Journey with all its teething issues is a fine car. One person actually asked my wife if it had a V8 under the hood because he thought it was a souped up street rod or something. It is an RT with 19 inch chrome clad wheels with black peral paint but nothing else!!

hang in there,

The Stewie

Black R/T with the 19Clads,... NICE that is the color I like but the wife wanted the Lightsandstone. She's happy, then I am too ;)

"hang in there" I hear ya Stewie it's JUUUUUUUUST about here :hysterical: .

The salesman has invited us to an exclusive party at the dealership. Black tie affair, free champagne, Wine, Hor'dourves "the whole ball of wax". I have the F150 spit polished for this, even a wax job on it. Polished the aluminum wheels and the stainless Lightning sidepipes. My salesman is a Harley rider and My F150 is done up in the Harley theme. He's been dying to see it, hopefully worth a few hundred off the price of the Journey :hysterical:

Rob

Black R/T with the 19Clads,... NICE that is the color I like but the wife wanted the Lightsandstone. She's happy, then I am too ;)

"hang in there" I hear ya Stewie it's JUUUUUUUUST about here :hysterical: .

The salesman has invited us to an exclusive party at the dealership. Black tie affair, free champagne, Wine, Hor'dourves "the whole ball of wax". I have the F150 spit polished for this, even a wax job on it. Polished the aluminum wheels and the stainless Lightning sidepipes. My salesman is a Harley rider and My F150 is done up in the Harley theme. He's been dying to see it, hopefully worth a few hundred off the price of the Journey :hysterical:

Rob

We originally priced a loaded SXT Silver ( with the blue flakes) but after looking at payments we decided on an RT. The only one they had was black and the salesman drove it. We tested it and took it. If we didn't we would be waiting as long or longer than you have I suspect.

The Stewie.

PS the Grand Caravan we have at the moment is the light Sandstone and it is a very nice looking paint.

Heard my weekly update from the dealer and it looks like I may be driving mine off the lot Friday. It's the second order (from above), but the exact same. He said they plan on getting it Friday morning and having it prepped by Friday afternoon.

yeah me!

Heard my weekly update from the dealer and it looks like I may be driving mine off the lot Friday. It's the second order (from above), but the exact same. He said they plan on getting it Friday morning and having it prepped by Friday afternoon.

yeah me!

Right on Booker T are you getting any other options with it? Mud Flaps, ventshades, undercoated? You must be getting excited huih?

Rob

Update...not here yet...I was told it would be here Monday now. It is in Michigan only an hour away. Too bad I can't just drive there and pull it off the truck myself.

I'm not getting anything yet. I love installing all that kind of stuff later, getting deals on Ebay,etc. I will likely tint the front side windows a little, get a hitch, add a little chrome, and some interior stuff. However, I'm not sure yet if this is mine or my wife's so that will determine how much I do to it!

update: it arrived!!! well, not exactly, but I have a brand new Journey.

The first two that were ordered showed up without Nav - exactly why I ordered one int eh first place since we coulnd't find Nav anywhere.

So at the last mintue, my sales person locates one 130 miles away and gets it to me last night. This thing is awesome. I'm so happy I got the Nav. There are so many options that it will take forever to learn how everything works.