2011 journey rt awd bought...extended warranty???

any thoughts here? how is chrysler with handling claims versus other warranty companies. How have your journey's been for reliability. Any Claims? I guess probably my biggest concern is the amount of electronics (uconnect, nav, bluetooth) and the odds that there will be an issue there.

The only issue I had/have is my journey didn't come equipped with u connect /phone after I especially ordered it .

Other than that , I have about 2600 km's on it already with no issues so far. As for the phone issue the dealership said they will install it at their cost as soon as some come available.

They're were a few issues in this forum about brakes wearing out quickly, and Chrysler has owned up to the problem by replacing them or

giving refunds.

I believe it is in the forum under Brakes ??

• 7 months later...

any thoughts here? how is chrysler with handling claims versus other warranty companies. How have your journey's been for reliability. Any Claims? I guess probably my biggest concern is the amount of electronics (uconnect, nav, bluetooth) and the odds that there will be an issue there.

This is an older thread, but if you get notifications you'll be back to read this input: My experience is that manufacturer plans are a LOT better at settling claims than 3rd party ones.

I've always had extended warranties on my vehicles and have usually made money with them - I've had to sue one 3rd party provider that was the one that was highly rated by the CAA - the judge ruled in my favour.

There is a group buy I am trying to orchestrate - It was developed on this site, but for some reason the powers here deleted the topic and removed the information from my signature - but it is up and running at redglagdeals:

Here is a link to the topic if you want to investigate the concept of patricipating in a group buy for a Chryslet OEM extended warranty purchase further: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/chrysler-factory-backed-extended-warranties-25-more-off-group-buy-1102770/#post13726686

Edited by bramfrank