Dealer pick up Hints

:shades: My Sandstone, SXT, convenience 1, sunroof arrived at dealer today, ordered on March 4th. V.I.N. # 3D4GG57V69T8194139.

Dealer requested I have my insurer call them prior to pick up. Seems reasonable.

Any thoughts on prep work I can do prior to pick up to expedite time spent at dealer on pick up day would be appreciated.

Note: I called Chrysler Canada Customer Care at 1 800 465 2001 . They gave me a customer care # and advised they are there primarily for warranty issues.

They currently mail out a $50 Mopar credit to any customer who contacts them, good for 3 months.

I guess I'll pick up a couple air filters at a dealer parts counter some time this summer.

:shades: My Sandstone, SXT, convenience 1, sunroof arrived at dealer today, ordered on March 4th. V.I.N. # 3D4GG57V69T8194139.

Dealer requested I have my insurer call them prior to pick up. Seems reasonable.

Any thoughts on prep work I can do prior to pick up to expedite time spent at dealer on pick up day would be appreciated.

Note: I called Chrysler Canada Customer Care at 1 800 465 2001 . They gave me a customer care # and advised they are there primarily for warranty issues.

They currently mail out a $50 Mopar credit to any customer who contacts them, good for 3 months.

I guess I'll pick up a couple air filters at a dealer parts counter some time this summer.

Hi duradan, Check you VIN! Mine has only has six digets after the T and I notice yours has seven, but what do I know.

Keith

thanks, I put in an extra digit after the T by mistake.

well mine must be coming soon too, yours is unit # 194139 and mine is 208XXX. Did you get the nav radio (entertainment group 2) ?

congratulations on the new Journey :happy feet: rub it into everyone here about how much you love it. I know I will be when ours gets here

Rob

Also Duradan,

look into undercoating guys here say it is worth it. I talked to my dealer on it and he said when we meet with the finance rep, that is when we go over everything.

Mine will be undercoated and the salesmanager said it also will be covered under warranty if there are any issues arise. Also the extended warranty. We will put as much warranty on it as possible,....worryfree ownership that I will be sure to get in writing. I plan on keeping it for a very long time

Rob

I prefer to have the under oil every fall as it will penetrate smaller areas better. The undercoating has it's pros and cons as far as trapping moisture behind it. I had my '98 Windstar undercoated, and the body is still good to this day.

However, undercoating should only be done on a brand new vehicle. If it is not done correctly on an older vehicle, you can trap any moisture or rust beneath the undercoating, and it will eventually peel off.

It is a personal preference, however I rather oil spray every year.

RP

• 3 weeks later...
I called Chrysler Canada Customer Care at 1 800 465 2001 . They gave me a customer care # and advised they are there primarily for warranty issues.

Does anyone know if they can be contacted before the vehicle is picked up from the dealer, or can they be contacted before?

Thanks,

Rick.

Does anyone know if they can be contacted before the vehicle is picked up from the dealer, or can they be contacted before?

Thanks,

Rick.

You can contact them prior to pick up of vehicle so long as you have your V.I.N.# which you can aquire from your dealer once build has commenced.