Introducing

hpbt

Hi everyone! First i want to beg your pardon for my english. I am a brazilian citizen and me and my Wife are a proud owners of a 2009 SXT journey and a PT cruiser.

We are very happy to have found this forum when people shares lots of useful information that saves a huge time when maintainance is required and add knowledge about our dear cars.

I am a police officer with 20 years on force and she is a doctor and we have four kids between 1,5 months ( a couple of twins) and a 6 years old girl and a 8 years old boy.

As you çan imagine, here in Brazil everything related to dodge, jeep and chrysler are very expensive if you use dealers services and parts. I use to buy some components on summit racing site and e-bay because is infinitely cheap comparing to the prices in the stores here.

My next step is increase my studies in dodge mechanics and eletronics to keep the maintainance costs under control, so i can make the simple steps by myself.

Thank you guys for the oportunity given to me to join your fórum and i hope i can contribute as well i have been helped with the information and good will from you.

You certainly don't have to apologize, your English is very good. Welcome to the forum. I'm retired and bought our Journey SXT in December so I'm still learning as well. You definitely came to the right place to learn. We have DodgeCares from the U.S. and DodgeCaresCa from Canada who are great at helping. You will also benefit from the knowledgeable forum members. We are hoping to have a "How to" section to help us learn to do a lot of repairs and maintenance ourselves. Several members have requested it, but we haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks for the welcome rolly...today i am having another learning experience because we left the SXT in the dealer to proceed the recalls and try to solve the electrical problems. I ask to stay with the technicians to watch and learn how to access the main wiring and connections. I know it sounds silly but i have absolutely no idea about such things...it was funny at least...