Engine RPM ramp up when slowing to a stop.

Arick Wong

Hi All,

I am having this issue with my dodge journey R/T 2.7L V6 engine FWD.

When i am trying to slow down to a stop during traffic jam or at a traffic light, my car RPM will rev up momentally. I can feel that my car is pushing forward instead of slowing down like a jerk forward.

When i crossing over hump, some time you can feel the gear change very roughly. It feel like when you carrying a box and the jam bottle just roll to the back and you can feel that bottle hitting the end of the box with a tump sound.

I am having this issue since the beginning for a year now. The dealer have replace the MPU and the Gear box and they have not rectified the issue yet. They are running out of idea.

Anyone have the same problem rectified?

• 1 year later...

Hi Arick,

I am having a dodge Journey SE 2011. And i am facing the same problem!. So far the dealer didn't change anything after one year of complaint. Simple answer there is no error code, we treid the car we didn't experience anything abnormal. I beleive i have to follow the escalation procedure.

Здравствуйте. Я из России мое имя Александр. По поводу ваших вопросов. Отвечаю: Коробка автомат установленная на наших автомобиля при движении переключается на повышенные передачи. При торможении она соответственно начинает отрабатывать пониженные передачи, поэтому и происходит кратковренное увеличение скорости при торможении. Тоже самое происходит при наборе скорости происходят рывки. Это происходит потому что процессор управления передает команду на переключение передач немного не корректно. При диагностики кода ошибки не будет. Поэтому и механики не хотят этим заниматься. Имеется ручная и компьютерная регулировка и программирование плавного включения передач.

• 10 months later...

Esaade,

They are saying the same things too me too.

Can anyone translate what ALex is trying to point out. Google translater is not doing a very good jobs. I don't quite understand

It's been nearly 3 years now. It is always the same result, they cannot find anything with they diagnostics.

What kind of diagnostics are they doing anyway? Is it so secretive that we cannot see what they are doing?

It is rreally getting very annoying. The problem actually happen once when the car is idling. The RPM just ramp up by itself for no reason at all.

I did not actually see the RPM needle go up but i can hear a loud broom as i am just ouside of the car.

Edited by airbon

Здравствуйте. Я из России мое имя Александр. По поводу ваших вопросов. Отвечаю: Коробка автомат установленная на наших автомобиля при движении переключается на повышенные передачи. При торможении она соответственно начинает отрабатывать пониженные передачи, поэтому и происходит кратковренное увеличение скорости при торможении. Тоже самое происходит при наборе скорости происходят рывки. Это происходит потому что процессор управления передает команду на переключение передач немного не корректно. При диагностики кода ошибки не будет. Поэтому и механики не хотят этим заниматься. Имеется ручная и компьютерная регулировка и программирование плавного включения передач.

From Google translate:

Hello I'm from Russia my name is Alexander. With regard to your questions. The answer is: Automatic transmission fitted to our car when driving switched to high gear. When braking, she begins to develop accordingly a lower gear, and so is kratkovrennoe increase in speed during braking. The same thing happens at a set rate jerks occur. This is because the control processor commands the gear bit correctly. When diagnostic error code will not. Therefore, the mechanics do not want to do it. There is a manual and computer control and programming soft-start programs.