AWD 2009 Transmission

Journey2009

2009 Journey Transmission totally went out without warning at 44k miles. Dealer has never experienced this. All parts and/or new transmission 2 week backorder best case. Anyone else have their trans just go ? And will Dodge pay my towing and rental car bill since it is clearly a warranty issue ? The dealer has yet to determine their course of action whether to repair or replace,but I'm still looking at 2-3 weeks because of backorder issues. If they do not compensate the tow or rental,any suggestions on where I can go for help?

Thanks.

Journey-less in Chicago

• 4 weeks later...

2009 Journey Transmission totally went out without warning at 44k miles. Dealer has never experienced this. All parts and/or new transmission 2 week backorder best case. Anyone else have their trans just go ? And will Dodge pay my towing and rental car bill since it is clearly a warranty issue ? The dealer has yet to determine their course of action whether to repair or replace,but I'm still looking at 2-3 weeks because of backorder issues. If they do not compensate the tow or rental,any suggestions on where I can go for help?

Thanks.

Journey-less in Chicago

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:47 PM

2009 Journey AWD SXT

Driving my wife's Journey the other day(25,000 miles), all of a sudden made a loud thud and some god awful noises coming from the engine also grey smoke started coming form the engine compartment, pulled over, called dealership and got a tow to dealership. Dealer ended up replacing entire PTO unit. Have to pick up tonight. Hopefully back to normal. Dealership has been great, paying for rental car since 3-10-10. Thank God for Factory Warranties (we bought the Lifetime Warranty also).

Thanks.

Journey-less in Chicago

Somehow I messed that post!

The issue may be completely resolved by now but I'd say they should definitely reimburse you for towing & rental. The time to discuss the matter is always up front, however. Don't wait for the three week repair period to pass, go to pick up your car and then tell the dealer "Oh by the way...". If you have any problem with reimbursement, call Chrysler Customer Service. Remember to start out nice with them. Despite the claims of some people, an adversarial tone never works - at least not in the beginning.

Edited by dp360