New Journey bought

Just bought a 2011 Dodge Journey RT with all options (Black)

traded in my 2005 Magnum RT with all options

was very impressed with the new dash and also impressed with the ride quality

Now just waiting for Delivery, dealer does not even have it yet , it is still in transit

Bought it a Scarsview Chrysler , salesman Dexter was great and very patient

Cant wait !!

• 2 weeks later...

Last week-end I put money down on a 2011 Dodge Journey LUX with all the options. They told me 5 to 8 weeks before it arrived from the factory. I am very excited and nervous all at the same time. Can anyone tell me if I made a good decision? I turned in a 2006 Scion xB and a 2008 smart fortwo. Does the Journey get better gas mileage than the window sticker says? Are there any "secrets" I should know about my new Journey? Has anyone added any other options, like the Internet "HotSpot" unit?

Does the Journey get better gas mileage than the window sticker says?

You may or may not get a rude awakening when it comes to gas mileage. You can click "My Fuelly Logo" at the bottom of this post to see mine.

As you can see I have a fully loaded up 2010 R/T and I have a best of 33 mpg (Imp.) to a low of close to 15 mpg (Imp.). While I don't "baby" my car, gas mileage is important to me. IMHO I don't think you can come very close to those EPA estimates on the sticker. ;)

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

i have only put on 800kms since i bought it and my first tank I got roughly 560kms little dissappointing since it is the same engine as the Cherokee and durango, and they are boasting 1000kms

(i know it is a bigger tank)

The only fault i can say so far is the 6 speed (my neighbour bought one the same week and we both feel the same )

I find the tranny shifts very hard (not very smooth when shifting) and I find it gets confused when downshifting and when I go up the hill it seems to want to stay in the gear it is in and not down shift

Like i said this is the onyl fauly but it really bothering me (i feel there should be a TSB to fix the issue)