2011 journey DEAD BATTERY

Had my car for 4 weeks, woke up one morning and it was DEAD, no click, no lights, absolutely nothing. Had it towed to dealership and was told the battery had a faulty cell.....they installed a NEW battery....now just waiting to see if this happens again. Went on a trip to Florida met a friend who bought one was only 3 wks old and he drove from Canada to Florida, woke up one morning and his car was dead. He tells me this is quite common if you go on the net and research it....so here I am, how many others out there have had a dead battery????

Had my car for 4 weeks, woke up one morning and it was DEAD, no click, no lights, absolutely nothing. Had it towed to dealership and was told the battery had a faulty cell.....they installed a NEW battery....now just waiting to see if this happens again. Went on a trip to Florida met a friend who bought one was only 3 wks old and he drove from Canada to Florida, woke up one morning and his car was dead. He tells me this is quite common if you go on the net and research it....so here I am, how many others out there have had a dead battery????

It's happened to at least two others, including me, so you makes three! Go to "LOUNGE" and see my Dead Battery post from May 27! I'm thinking the plant got a bad batch of batteries from their supplier...

I had this happen with my 2010 this winter. When they replaced the battery, the replacement failed the third time I started it. Replaced again, and all is good.

I too had this happen with my PT.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

• 2 weeks later...

Well....I wouldn't count on it not happening again. I bought my 2011 Journey Crew in Febuary 2011 and after only 6 days of having the car, the battery went dead after leaving it over night. I too, thought it was a fluke, but it happened again 4 days later. Called the dealership and they said I would have to wait 5 days until they could get it in to be looked at for repair. Ridiculous in my opinion since we had the car less than a week and we're having problems already. We had to jump start the car until we could get it into the garage. The first trip to the garage they said it was a defective battery. So they replaced the battery and we got the car back later that day. TWO DAYS LATER the same thing happened when I tried to start the car. LOUD clicking noises coming from the engine area, an then nothing, dead battery. We jumped started the car, and the car alarm goes off. Nice wake up call for the neighbors bright and early. We make an appointment and get it into the garage immediately. The garage had it another 7 days and they gave it back after telling us they "could not reproduce the problem". About TWO weeks later, I go out to start the car and now, all the accessories come on, but the the car will not to turn over to start. The information screen starts flashing a different language, the interior lights flash, the temperature display reads -40 degrees. Well, this time the battery is NOT dead. I do not feel that I should be responsible for jump starting my car for the 8th time after only owning it a month and a half. We call the towing assistance, they come and tow it to a different dealership this time that is closer to our house. They have it three days and return it to us after stating "cannot reproduce the problem". About 2 and half weeks later, the same thing happens again. RIDICULOUS. We call towing assistance, they come and tow it to the garage closer to our house, they have it for five days then return it stating...you guessed it, "cannot reproduce the problem". Now, Dodge requests we take it to the original dealership to have some tests done, they have it for about 10 days, and it is returned to us with a reciept saying "cannot reproduce the problem." FIVE TIMES IN THE GARAGE IN THREE MONTHS!!!!

Also, I would like to point out that the post under the lounge is no longer available.

Check out the thread we started on Edmunds.com under Consumer Reviews. There are others out there!!! We live in Pennsylvania, but our car was brought down for us from Northern New York.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a brand new 2011 Dodge Journey and I had the same problem...twice. Fortunately my dad works for Chrysler and we figured out what the problem is. It's a glitch in the body controler software that sometimes causes the car to go into "sleep" mode when you turn it off, instead of turning all the way off. Unfortunately the software fix hasn't been pushed out to the dealerships yet. Such a pain in the ass!