pyrater

8.4 uconnect cannot unlock maps - FIXED IN 6 STEPS (Confirmed)

47 minutes ago, bramfrank said:

That directory shouldn't even be there.

Look at the first post in this tread which will tell you what directories you need.  The specifics of the file names depends on the map version you are installing.

I hate busting someone’s knuckles, but it’s right there in the first post. Doesn’t really matter much, since the DB file is a database of routes and POIs anyway, per   Garmin. Their 2019.20 files do have the SQLite directory and DB file

CC42FFE9-683B-4D9D-84A0-80ECE16B9917.jpeg

Well, the SQL directory isn't required.  The POIs are integrated within the img file.  And it is interesting . . . I hadn't actually checked that first post, I just assumed that the OP wouldn't list files that weren't required - the SQL file isn't listed in the site I used for my reference and  it doesn't actually DO anything for you and isn't required; everything works perfectly without it.

Reading through that opening post I was struck at how vehement the OP was in terms of his justifying a serious DMCA copyright violation on the basis of Chrysler's integrating the radio to the system, preventing the use of an aftermarket device . . . . something almost every car manufacturer does today.

Not a big deal :)

I seriously toyed with the idea of not doing anything about it 

Hi Everyone

I am having the exact same issue as described.  My questions are.  1.  Where can I find the files listed?  I have searched using google and I find lots of links but to sites that require signing up and purchasing data quotas, you name it.  Is there an easy location to get the data?  Second question.  Do I need to be running CTP13 or can I still perform the upgrade when my firmware is CTP17?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I think you just need to read the posts in this blog to tell you what you need?

2 hours ago, TheJack said:

Hi Everyone

I am having the exact same issue as described.  My questions are.  1.  Where can I find the files listed?  I have searched using google and I find lots of links but to sites that require signing up and purchasing data quotas, you name it.  Is there an easy location to get the data?  Second question.  Do I need to be running CTP13 or can I still perform the upgrade when my firmware is CTP17?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Well, I have found that a good place to find the files is right here, some folks have the latest files on file servers. Otherwise, you could go to this link, where the latest files (NA 2019.20) reside...you will need to set up an account, but you will get full access to all the files you need (and some you might not.) You will need a way to explore the .rar files you will get access to...I recommend 7-Zip. After that, you need to make sure your radio firmware is downgraded to CTP13...CTP17 will not allow you to do the upgrade of the maps.

And yes, you need to follow the instructions in post 1 to the letter, which means you need to have at least two USB drives (three might be even better,) a few hours to kill, and a full tank of gas.