Sign in to follow this  
fjpod

Normal Coolant Operating Range

I have a scanguage 2 and I was noticing my coolant temp reaching 211 degrees F while stuck in traffic. When moving it is 185-190F. Isn't this a little high? I have the 4 cyl gasoline engine.

I have a scanguage 2 and I was noticing my coolant temp reaching 211 degrees F while stuck in traffic. When moving it is 185-190F. Isn't this a little high? I have the 4 cyl gasoline engine.

Depends on what Chrysler is usning for a T-stat.

Some cars now of days use a 185 or a 190 T stat. Which opens once the car hits that temp. so 211 is not too uncomon in traffic.

anyone have the stats for this?

No stats here. But I would say that is normal. Now if it got into the 220-230 range I would be concerned with that.

No stats here. But I would say that is normal. Now if it got into the 220-230 range I would be concerned with that.

Agreed.Anything over 220, even in traffic is unaceptable.

I never hear the cooling fan go on. Maybe it is real quiet. Gonna have to check it someday with the hood up.

I have a 2012  Dodge Journey that I have issues with the coolant system. 

I have replaced the heater core

Twice, radiator once, thermostat once and distribution housing once. 

I still run about 230-250 which is hot. I’ve taken it to the dealership for repairs and I keep having this issue. They stated it was normal. I disagree. This is going to cause premature breakdown of my block and warp my heads.