Custom rear diffuser

R4V3N

Its a resonator but a tip version. Cut out alot of high pitch tone, its just vinyl pin stripe, but since the fog light turned out great I'll be doing the rest of them all gloss black, decided to keep my diffuser how it is now cause I didn't realize my front matches the back lol. I'm actually taking my journey into the shop, needs a new front axle on the passenger side, but yeah once I get back from my road trip in three weeks I can paint the rest of it

The other day I painted the letters black and today I painted the back bumper and decided to ditch the red mud guards and go gloss black, once those are done and ready to be put back on I'll post a pic, still gotta do the front bumper and side skirts, after seeing his new diffuser all gloss I had to do it lol

post-9678-0-06460300-1461984239_thumb.jp

post-9678-0-37842900-1461984296_thumb.jp

post-9678-0-67011000-1461984497_thumb.jp

The bottom reflectors got some gloss on them.also. trying to find some kind of lighting to mount to them as reverse lights I was going to use eagle eye LEDs and drill though and have about ten on each one. The same ones I had on my bottom grill before my accident. Those would be awesome. They give a wide output and low to the ground lights everything up. I'll be sure to take some pics of wiring and function once it's done

• 3 weeks later...

Tinted the tail lights going on black. Was at a meet spot a bunch of us guys go to and had a cop pull up and said my journey looked great. Best looking one in town he said, also mentioned he liked it blacked out at the back. I asked him if they were fine and he said yes there's no problem with them haha. Everyone loves the manvan

post-9678-0-24900400-1463799030_thumb.jp

• 3 months later...
On 4/24/2016 at 11:18 PM, R4V3N said:

I got he diffuser installed yesterday. Let me know how you guys think.

DIFFUSER FITTING.jpg

DIFFUSER FITTING 02.jpg

:wub::worship: R4V3N i`m in love with your back diffuser and your exhaust! i would like put on my journey two exhaust exit like you so how are you do that? :love_shower: thank`s a lot!

Thanks guys.. appreciated!

Depending on how you want your DJ to look, you will require to make a new the rear diffuser if you install a quad tip exhaust.  

My DJ has the 2.4L engine (1 muffler, 1 exhaust tip), hence I had to make the new rear diffuser to accommodate the quad tip.  For 3.6L engine it already has a twin muffler hence need not change the rear diff.   Just to note that a mod is necessary only when the exhaust tip is larger than the rear diffuser cutout.  

The sequence I did it was to acquire the double exhaust tip (in order to have an idea of the diameter size and its width).  Bring it to a body shop to make a new rear diff.  I will be handy to have a photo of a rear diff to show them.  Put your own flair to it if you want to.  For me, I just kept it simple.  Once painted and installed, I then headed to a muffler shop to install the aftermarket muffler and quad tip.   Fitment was no issue.

Hope this helps..

ok thank`s  a lot for this informations R4v3n! I think the dual tip akrapovic are the best for a red Dodge journey! :wub:

i would like know where are you found the diffuser winglets like your picture? they from the corvette website or?

thank`s again! ;)

post-9812-0-50372100-1461644137modif.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bam.. it is not from the corvette.  I think they have their exhaust outlet in the middle.

I wanted something similar to the first picture in the post (merc c63), yet I wanted the edges curved.  

Here's a pix that you can show to your local body shop.  It would be even sweeter in Carbon.. :hyper:IND REAR DIFFUSER.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...