R4V3N

Eibach Pro Kit

I came across these springs at my local wheel shop. It is the Eibach Pro Kit for 2008-2011 CRD DJs.

Had told the owner of the mix info regarding the fitmen issues. But he suggested to try it and if does not fit then am not obliged to pay them.

Anyone in this forum that had ever tried those kit? My DJ is a 2014 SXT 2.4 FWD.

post-9812-0-64690400-1461127057_thumb.jppost-9812-0-40942200-1461127086_thumb.jppost-9812-0-05285900-1461127123_thumb.jppost-9812-0-99078700-1461127148_thumb.jp

@dhh3: they are slightly stiffer and lowered the car around 30mm up to 40mm I think that's 1.0"-1.5" in inches? On net it mentioned it can be used for 2.0, 2.4, 2.7, 3.5 and 3.6 engine. Yet confused as most info comments tells me otherwise. Are there significant suspension changes from 2011 to 2014? Maybe someone with more experience can share this.

As from my past experience Eibach Prokit are on the softer side as compared to H&R.

Will install them today and see if there are any fitmen issues.

I would think that the springs for the front might be different, based on the weights of the engines - 4/6 cylinder. I have a Performance Suspension. My build sheet lists 4 springs, so I am thinking they may be stiffer. The R/T may get thicker sway bars.

Hi guys.. this is the update.

Firstly the front springs fit nicely without any issues. Not sure if I could recommend this for the 3.5/3.6L engine as logically it is heavier.

The problem comes with the rear springs where the upper end of the original springs are slightly larger in diameter. The lower end fits but not the upper end. Due to the size differences, the upper end of the Eibach could not fit into the original spring seat/boot (not sure if the term is correct). Again, am not sure if the rear suspension are the same and applies to other DJ model. Wondering whom had tried H&R kits and face similar problem?

The store owner told me there are two ways to fix the above. First by finding a spring seat/boot to fit into the upper strut mount (which I think is non existence) or to modify the upper end of the Eibach to fit. It was a call that I had to gamble. Since the diameter gap was minimal I did the latter and that, thankfully, did the job! What boggles me is why Eibach didn't just revise their design to fit the 2011+ models?!?

In any case, I haven't had enough time to test it. But base on initial impression, it handles well when stopping and acceleration. Yes it is on a stiffer side yet absorb bumps and uneven surfaces quite nicely. I think this matter is subjective to only my opinion and may differ and debatable to others. The looks is also perfect!

I will post some pix latter after downloading from my phone.

Cheers!

Is yours a two row or three row? The car appears lower and sit even, front to back. Mine sits higher in the back than the front, which I like, but maybe it is designed this way to take the weight of people sitting in the third row.

Is yours a two row or three row? The car appears lower and sit even, front to back. Mine sits higher in the back than the front, which I like, but maybe it is designed this way to take the weight of people sitting in the third row.

It's a third row version. Maybe its the angle when I took the picture.

In person it does look slightly higher at the back. Maybe it's due to the spring design? As it is a progressive spring.

We rarely have the third row used anyways. But will see how it looks and handles with more loads. Thanks

Yes.. wanted something different. It does look if not better than the blacktop. Had it done through dodge dealership when I first bought it, thus covered by warranty.

Edited by jkeaton

Looks nice. I want to lower mine a bit too tlin order to reduce the gap in wheel wells but haven't seen anything that says will work. I have 13 DJ AWD with 3.6L so might just be out luck.

Add tires with thicker sidewalls.  I have seen a set of rubber/plastic inserts that fit in the arches like a lot of crossovers have from the factory.  Problem is that they come from China.  Since I have the Mopar mud flaps, I'd probably have to cut them to fit.  So, I'll pass.

The Freemont is a European model of the journey made here in the States. Now I've looked up the the strut mounts and spring insulator and they haven't changed since 2009 for the rears for the 2.4cyl models. So I don't see why the Eibach or h&r wouldn't fit 

54 minutes ago, Roly said:

The Freemont is a European model of the journey made here in the States. Now I've looked up the the strut mounts and spring insulator and they haven't changed since 2009 for the rears for the 2.4cyl models. So I don't see why the Eibach or h&r wouldn't fit 

Not disputing Fiat vs Dodge interchange but that the website you screenshoted says brand is Eibach. when i checked Eibach's website they don't show the make any for Fiat Freemont. So my point is beware buying something from a website that sells a product the manufacturer doesn't even show they make. 

In my case i have the 3.6L so either way those wouldn't work. Heavier front end.

I understand your comments, but looking up several different sites...(all euro) they do list for the freemont all engine sizes.

2 hours ago, Roly said:

I understand your comments, but looking up several different sites...(all euro) they do list for the freemont all engine sizes.

From previous thread if i remember the 3.6L is heavier and therefor wouldn't sit the same or ride the same

Also if i remeber someone stated FWD vs AWD have different fitment. Please correct me if i am wrong. If thus will fit and work correctly for a 3.6L AWD i will buy this summer. Otherwise i have been trying to figure a way to adjust suspension on mine. Granted i am leaning towards air ride but there isnt exactly too many options for DJs.

Edited by Locosiete
Incomplete thought.

My other suggestion are R/T springs that sit 20mm lower and maybe knock off a half coil.

2 hours ago, Roly said:

Here's a German pdf for the Freemont/Journey Eibach spring. 

E1030018.PDF

Well my germans is little rusty, or completely lacking for that matter, but dont see where it says for both 2.4 and 3.6L engine. Yes i see it is also in translated in English but not seeing engine

2 hours ago, Roly said:

My other suggestion are R/T springs that sit 20mm lower and maybe knock off a half coil.

I have put way too much $$ into my car to start Jimmy rigging and hacking parts

The original site I got the pdf from list 2.0, 2.4, & 3.6. But it's your call again..you can always go 3/4" lower with the r/t springs.