2016 Dodge Journey - USA - WHAT’S NEW

Simplified line-up to 5 trims – Dropped AVP, SXT Plus & Limited

SE AWD
• 16MY lowers the entry AWD price to $26,195 MSRP SXT
• 16MY lowers base price to $27,895 MSRP
• Popular Blacktop Package only $995 MSRP and NEW Chrome Package $995 MSRP

NEW Crossroad
• Rugged exterior look at an attractive $25,995 MSRP, $600 less than 15MY
• Standard Content: 19-inch Hyper Black Wheels, Uconnect Voice w/ Bluetooth, 4.3” Touchscreen, Platinum Chrome Exterior Accents and more…

Crossroad Plus
• Delivers $1,600 of content over Crossroad at a 38% discount – now $26,995 MSRP
• Standard Content: Leather seats with Sport Mesh, 8.4” Touchscreen, 10-way power driver seat and more….

R/T
• Remains same MSRP as 15MY at $31,395
• NEW Blacktop Package: 19-inch Gloss Black wheels, Roof Rails, Gloss Black mirrors, grille, - only $395 MSRP

NEW Exterior Colors
Jazz Blue

Olive Green

2016 Dodge Journey - USA (MSRP not including $995 destination)

JOURNEY SE (FWD) $20,895
JOURNEY SE (AWD) $26,195
JOURNEY CROSSROAD (FWD) $25,995

JOURNEY CROSSROAD PLUS (FWD) $26,995
JOURNEY CROSSROAD (AWD) $29,495

JOURNEY CROSSROAD PLUS (AWD) $30,495
JOURNEY SXT (FWD) $24,395
JOURNEY SXT (AWD) $27,895
JOURNEY R/T (FWD) $31,395
JOURNEY R/T (AWD) $33,295

2016 Dodge Journey - CANADA (MSRP not including $1745 destination)

JOURNEY CVP (FWD) $21,495

JOURNEY SE PLUS (FWD) $24,795
JOURNEY SXT (FWD) $28,095
JOURNEY LIMITED (FWD) $30,395
JOURNEY CROSSROAD (FWD) $32,295
JOURNEY CROSSROAD (AWD) $36,395
JOURNEY R/T (AWD) $35,495
JOURNEY R/T RALLYE (AWD) $36,195

--------------------------------------------------------------

USA Crossroad PLUS FWD Package Content

8.4" TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY (RFL)
ATC W/3 ZONE TEMP CONTROL (HAH)
CARGO NET (CKR)
FRT PASS FORWARD FOLD FLAT SEAT (CDW)
INTERIOR OBSERVATION MIRROR (LEE)
LEATHER SEATS W/SPORT MESH INSERTS (*DL)
LIGHT GRAY ACCENT STITCHING (CJC)
OVERHEAD CONSOLE (CUN)
PASSENGER ASSIST HANDLES (CSR)
PASSENGER IN SEAT CUSHION STORAGE (CVG)
POWER 4-WAY DRIVER LUMBAR ADJUST (JPU)
POWER 6-WAY DRIVER SEAT (JPS)
PREMIUM DOOR TRIM PANEL W/STITCHING (CBG)
SUN VISORS W/ILLUM VANITY MIRRORS (GNC)
UCONNECT 8.4 CD/DVD/MP3 (RE2)

USA Crossroad PLUS AWD Package Content

8.4" TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY (RFL)
CARGO NET (CKR)
FRT PASS FORWARD FOLD FLAT SEAT (CDW)
INTERIOR OBSERVATION MIRROR (LEE)
LEATHER SEATS W/SPORT MESH INSERTS (*DL)
LIGHT GRAY ACCENT STITCHING (CJC)
PASSENGER IN SEAT CUSHION STORAGE (CVG)
POWER 4-WAY DRIVER LUMBAR ADJUST (JPU)
POWER 6-WAY DRIVER SEAT (JPS)
PREMIUM DOOR TRIM PANEL W/STITCHING (CBG)
UCONNECT 8.4 CD/DVD/MP3 (RE2)

------------------------------------------------

USA and Canada Exterior Colors

BILLET METALLIC
GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC

JAZZ BLUE (late availability)

OLIVE GREEN (late availability)
PEARL WHITE TRI-COAT
PITCH BLACK
REDLINE PEARL
WHITE

------------------------------------------------

--Milous

Edited by Milous

My 2014 Crossroad FWD has all the items listed under Crossroad Plus. My window sticker says 2014 Journey Crossroad, and my Base Price was $24,995. I wonder what the extra $2,000 is for? My total price was $29,190. I'm glad that I jumped on the Copperhead Pearl when I had the chance.

Those are some lame colors, when they have limited colors like that I think its a sign for a short model year. That means new Journey coming soon!!! I could be wrong tho.

Two new colors: Jazz Blue and Olive Green.

2016 is a full model years, ending July 2016.

The US Crossroad has been decontented some more to allow for the 'plus - for the extra money, perhaps they decided to do what they always had in Canada, which is to make the Pentastar the standard engine for the trim level.

In Canada for '14 and '15 the Crossroad FWD always came with the power seat w/power lumbar, fold flat passenger seat with underseat storage, leather, 6 cylinder engine, 8.2" radio, AC power outlet, express up and down windows on both sides and so on included . . . . .

As to dropping the AVP - I strongly suspect that the SE will be the new AVP, but without checking, who knows? Maybe they finally ran out of traditional tail lights and will give everyone LED ones and proper tinted windows and a roof rack?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Milous,

Thanks for the info. I'm in the process of ordering a 2016 R/T in Canada - the dealer's system is active, but for some reason they're not able to order anything in Blue (i.e. the new "Jazz Blue" that you mentioned in your post). From what I can tell through various google searches, production for the 2016 won't start until 7/27. Any reason why their system won't allow my dealer to place my order in Blue? I'd assume that even if the colour isn't available yet, they'd want to accurately forecast quantities for the year (and hence open up all available colours for ordering).

On a side note, I'm trying to lock in special pricing for a likely Canada Day sale, but can't do so because the dealer can't actually place my order. (BTW I'm fine with the fact that it will actually take a few months to receive my Journey - I'm just eager to lock in the special pricing next week).

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.

It is quite possible that the colour will not be available on that model in this market. . . . .

Edit: I went looking and from what I can find for the '16 it seems that the R/T is presently only available to order in White (PW3), Billet (Silver - PSC), Granite (PAU), Redline Pearl (PRM), Pearl White (PWH) or Black (PX8).

If that is accurate, you know why you can't order it in the colour you specified.

Edited by bramfrank

Hi bramfrank,

Thanks for responding. I take it you're either a dealer or have access to the ordering system, so thanks for that additional info.

Just so I understand, are you suggesting that blue isn't available in Canada / in Windsor, Ontario / and/or just on the R/T? Given Milhous's original post, can I then assume that the "Jazz Blue" or the "Olive Green" aren't available in these markets? That just seems a bit odd that Chrysler won't be offering any sort of Blue/Green colour. -- Please don't take my comments the wrong way - I don't mean to shoot the messenger! I'm just trying to understand.

I'm wondering if Blue will be available on ANY of the other models - I'd be willing to order one of the others.

Thanks again for your help. Any other insights you can provide would be appreciated!

- Bhabi

No. I'm not a dealer, but I went looking at online ordering systems which allowed for data entry for the 2016 model year and they did not let me specify the new colours when I tried for an R/T - I know from experience that certain models are only available in some colours, so it is possible that in Canada the R/T will not be available in Blue . . . . it could just as easily be that they are simply not ready to accept orders for that colour yet.

Can you place your order and then amend it IF the colour subsequently comes online before the production date?

Edited by bramfrank

I'm wondering if Blue will be available on ANY of the other models - I'd be willing to order one of the others.

I checked and there is no production start dates listed yet for the 2 new colors. I will make a note and post back when I get the information. They are both DEFINITELY going to be offered in Canada.

Edited by Milous

I checked and there is no production start dates listed yet for the 2 new colors. I will make a note and post back when I get the information. They are both DEFINITELY going to be offered in Canada.

But the OP wants to be certain he is ordering a vehicle he can switch to the new Blue when it is released . . . . so do you know what models those colours will be offered in? Not all models get every colour and features can be market-specific (like 5 passenger Crossroads, the 4 cylinder engine in the Crossroad or AWD SXTs, none of which are now available in Canada).

Edited by bramfrank

But the OP wants to be certain he is ordering a vehicle he can switch to the new Blue when it is released . . . . so do you know what models those colours will be offered in? Not all models get every colour and features can be market-specific (like 5 passenger Crossroads, the 4 cylinder engine in the Crossroad or AWD SXTs, none of which are not available in Canada).

I won't know if there will be any model restrictions on colours until the information is officially released. It could be a couple months, or several months or more into the model year. The problem with ordering one now with the intent to change the colour when released may not work out - as once a vehicle hits a production scheduling point (usually 'D1' status) the colour typically cannot be changed.

I'm just eager to lock in the special pricing next week).

I wouldn't be in any sort of rush to order on Canada Day, a savvy negotiator will be able to get a similar deal a month from now, or many months from now. If the Blue is very important to you, then I would wait it out. I should be able to get the launch information ahead of the launch so that you can get your order in at the earliest possible date.

• 1 month later...

My 2014 Crossroad FWD has all the items listed under Crossroad Plus. My window sticker says 2014 Journey Crossroad, and my Base Price was $24,995. I wonder what the extra $2,000 is for? My total price was $29,190. I'm glad that I jumped on the Copperhead Pearl when I had the chance.

According to the US Dodge web site the 2015 Crossroad base MSRP is $26,595 as was implied by the comment in Milous' opening post - so the question you should be asking is; "what changed between 2014 and 2015 to justify the $1600 difference between your sticker and that of the 2015?"

Milous' post clearly indicates a $600 decrease to the new 2016 base Crossroad and an increase of $400 to the plus.

From the list he provided, the base 2016 Crossroad seems to replace the Blacktop, so the Plus version is likely what the current Crossroad is, and simply has a $400 price increase (along with the 'plus' and the reported reduction in the factory warranty):

The base 2016 Crossroad reportedly does not have the 8.4 inch display, nor does it have leather seats or the power driver's seat (and possibly more stuff too) to justify the $1,000 difference in MSRP between the two trim levels.

-----------------------------

Based on the above post and discussions we've had over the past few years I decided satisfy my curiosity and to do a comparison between the base US and Canadian models of the Crossroad (since I now drive a Crossroad). So I downloaded the Canadian and American brochures (for 2015, since the 2016 ones aren't available yet) and picked through them, highlighting the differences between the base models as detailed in the brochures. Yes, I know you can option them up to be identical, but that wasn't my point in doing this exercise.

For the record, mine is a base Canadian FWD Crossroad with only one factory option: Heated seats and steering wheel. From the equipment perspective I have added the OEM backup camera, OEM navigation and HIR lighting.

I didn't save the original files used to generate the comparison, so I will not be updating the chart nor correcting the spelling error. And yes, I know that both have automatic air conditioning, which I believe is standard with the 8.4 - that begs the question as to whether the new base Crossroad, with it's 4.3 inch display will have automatic air?

Note that incentives, destination charges and any excise taxes are not included in the chart, since they don't impact on MSRP.

The following additional charges are indicated on the web pages:

Destination charges (in the US = $995 / in Canada CAD$1,695/US$1,271)

Canadian excise tax (CAD$100/US$75)

Incentives as of this date:

Cash allowance against purchase in the US: $3,250

Cash allowance against purchase in Canada: C$4,500 (that's about US$3,375)

Currency conversion was done at today's exchange rates, which puts Canada's pricing at an advantage over the US values at this time.

Feature comparison chart - base vs. base, according to the brochures:

2015_Journey_US_CAD_Features_Comparo.jpg

Edited by bramfrank

I noticed the dealers advertising the 2016's already but there still saying in transit. I was going to look at a crossroad plus. Surprised the window stickers at 36,220.

As I wrote, I have seen Canadian dealers advertising '16 inventory.

And yes, put in the AWD and load it up with a sunroof, full leather seats with both sides powered, 7 passenger seating, rear video, navigation and the rest of the stuff and the sticker gets up there.

1. I thought that the Blacktop was an Option Package, and not a specific model.

2. Where would the 115vac outlet be located?

1. In Canada, for 2015 it's a specific model, with it's own tab. But the '16 page, which seems to have gone live in the past 5 minutes (the 16s weren't there when I looked up the Blacktop a moment ago) doesn't have it the same way

2. It is on the rear of the console and you'll have an icon in the controls menu to turn it on if you have it.

I'm off to spend a few minutes looking at the new 2016 pages on the Canadian Dodge site. The US site doesn't have the 2016s showing yet.

The Journey is available in Olive Green up here for '16!! They dropped the Blacktop and according to the 'search inventory' tool. There are quite a few '16s (not Blacktops) in dealer inventory - I checked both Montreal and Toronto.

Edited by bramfrank

1. In Canada, for 2015 it's a specific model, with it's own tab. But the '16 page, which seems to have gone live in the past 5 minutes (the 16s weren't there when I looked up the Blacktop a moment ago) doesn't have it the same way

It's an optional package ($995), available only on the SXT.