Hi Everyone. New to the Forum and considering the 2015 Dodge Journey. Advice?

DodgeMD

Yep, just best to totally ignore her type. Bye bye little lady. BTW, our 09 SE (4 cylinder, base model) netted us an AMAZING $8200 on trade in (with 86,000 miles on it). Take your cheap bash talk elsewhere. There's a nice facebook group more suited to the whiners and complainers, "Dodge Journey Awareness" group. You should check it out. There's a ton of people just like you on there. Sooooo, K

Awesome. The troll has been banished. She might would enjoy her journey if the gear shifter wasn't up her ass all the time.

Shoot, looks like you missed out bud! She coulda been the one!

For anyone concerned about the crash test ratings: First of all, if you crash the exact same car two times at the same rate of speed in the same fashion, the results will be different each time. This has been proven countless times over the years with many different vehicle makes and models. Second, my wife sustained a major front-corner hit with absolutely no injury:

IMG_2222_zps66169f31.jpg

IMG_2223_zps284d8f4d.jpg

IMG_2221_zps0fe2c36b.jpg

On the one hand I am not sorry to see Dee go - she's been a drama queen since day one - some people just do it to themselves. Then again, I recall that she had issues with simple things, like reading the manual.

Now, assuming that her profile is right and she really has an SE, then she has the small engine. The 6 is not available in the SE. And as to why she wouldn't let her brother drive the vehicle? It got good marks on crash tests, but even if it hadn't, the idea is not to hit someone in an offset crash on a 2 lane highway. But that inconsistency on the model/engine combination tends to cast a shadow over her complaints

Let me see, I get about 20 MPG in mixed driving with my V6, but dhh3, mine doesn't easily 'break' free, even when I drive in what my Kawasaki manual used to call a 'spirited manner' unless I'm on a gravel covered road.

As to her issue with roadside assistance? NO ONE would dispatch a service vehicle just to tighten the tire winch without a charge - not Dodge, not whatever roadside plan she has. Hopefully, since she got stranded lying on the ground a passing motorist helped her up and then did the winch up for her.

I am in Canada and our vehicles tend to come with more basic equipment for any given model than the US variant. I went from a 2011 SE Plus that I paid C$19,200 for to a 2014 Crossroad that cost me on the order of $24K after discounts (MSRP was $32K) and I got $9K in trade (all numbers are Canadian dollars) - in the price the dealer also included a full set of winter wheels/snow tires and the overpriced-in-Canada 7 year/115,000 Km extended bumper to bumper, zero deductible extended warranty.

Equipment-wise, my Crossroad came with the 6 cylinder, is front wheel drive and has heated leather seats, the 8" display (I swapped the radio for one with navigation and I added the backup camera), power seat on the driver's side, auto air, auto headlights, the AC power socket, auto up/down windows on both sides plus whatever else it comes with up here (if you really want to know what the differences are you need to go to the Dodge US and Canadian sites and compare the vehicles).

As to problems? I had a leak from the valve cover on the '11 and nothing at all on the current vehicle beyond a flat tire due to a nail.

Edited by bramfrank

Thank you. I can smile again. Mighty fine looking DJ!

Mine does break free, depending how much gas I give it from a full stop. This AM, at a short left turn green arrow, it actually burnt rubber - and, with oversized tires! I'm going to find some old "The Judge" decals for it!

Edited by dhh3

Back to the topic at hand:

Hey, another Marylander! I bought my Journey to replace an '03 Malibu (and I also have 3 little ones - the third was just born 3 weeks ago!) Depending on their size/age, and the presence of a Mrs. (or Mr. - you never know in Maryland...) DodgeMD, the Journey might not be the best choice for you. It's not an off-road vehicle, even with the AWD drivetrain. If you are the father of a family of 5 (including spouse), and you have more than 2 kids in car seats, you lose a good portion of the cargo area. If it's just you and three kids, and at least one of them is 12 or older, then you've got plenty of seating and decent enough cargo space.

If you can bring yourself to do it, look at the Grand Caravan/Town and Country (you have 3 kids, you're not cool ;)). Uses the Pentastar engine (GREAT engine for that vehicle) and the same transmission as the Journey, but brings HUGE cargo space, lots of comfort, etc.

Either will make a very good family hauler, but the Journey is obviously MUCH more fun. It's a VERY competitively priced crossover (thousands less than Ford/Toyota/Honda/etc. equivalents with better basic equipment) and I've been very happy with mine for the 3 months I've had it (bad drivers hitting me repeatedly aside).