iOS 8 & UConnect Issues

Well, I know it's only been a few days, but having an issue with iOS 8 on 2 devices and UConnect. Using the software update that came out 9/15/2014, but still having the issue.

Having the issue with both iPhone 5c, and iPhone 6 Plus.

When connected via USB, songs will play, however it never actually captures the music catalog... If that makes sense. ie... I can browse songs only by clicking next/back. Shuffle is greyed out, Browse is greyed out. No access to playlists or anything. Have drove around for 45 minutes hoping it would update, but nothing happened...

I've seen some posts on a dodge dart forum that are also having the issue, but sounds like no one has a resolution for it yet.

I just recently purchased an iPod touch. Newer software. Not sure which OS it has, but I have noticed that cataloging takes a lot longer vs my older iPod classic. I'm a PC guy not that up to date with what others are lining up for now. Just thought I'd mention my experience as it may take well over 45 minutes to catalog depending on how much music you have.

Peace.

This was happening to me before the IOS8 update on my Iphone 5. I took the IOS8 update and the uconnect update with no difference.

I ended up buying a usb lighter plug and pluging my phone into that in the console. Now my phone connects with just Bluetooth for playing songs and phone calls with no problems.

Now I know what happened last night with my music! iPhone5s with all my music on it. Initially, it did not remember the playlist that I started, but it went back to the first song, alphabetically. When I found the song that I wanted, the status bar stayed on the first song and my chosen song stopped playing when the status bar was full. I never gave the iOS a second thought. Now, I know what the issue is and we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Edited by dhh3

• Official Dodge Support

Well, I know it's only been a few days, but having an issue with iOS 8 on 2 devices and UConnect. Using the software update that came out 9/15/2014, but still having the issue.

Having the issue with both iPhone 5c, and iPhone 6 Plus.

When connected via USB, songs will play, however it never actually captures the music catalog... If that makes sense. ie... I can browse songs only by clicking next/back. Shuffle is greyed out, Browse is greyed out. No access to playlists or anything. Have drove around for 45 minutes hoping it would update, but nothing happened...

I've seen some posts on a dodge dart forum that are also having the issue, but sounds like no one has a resolution for it yet.

Armendegga,

It's important to keep in mind that the Uconnect systems are designed and tested with the current software and technology in terms of cell phones when the vehicle is built.

Compatibility issues ordinarily come up when a new operating system is released on the phone end.

Chrysler does however work diligently behind the scenes to come up with updates that can be applied in order to broaden capability as newer phones are released.

Technology is certainly moving at a very quick pace these days to say the least!

I am having the same issue but I have not been able to update the uconnect software. I am having issues with the software for it, it wont go past the akiama manager download. The Akaima downloads but will not start the uconnect software download as the instructions says.

I had the same issue yesterday. I downloaded the installer 3 times, but it never let me go past the downloader to actually get the update.

I called Uconnect yesterday. Uconnect gives their OS to all of the phone mfgs, so Apple should be working on a fix. I will try and call Apple today. They were very helpful trying to get all of my Album Artwork to display, But sadly, Uconnect no longer works with Gracenote.

I made an appointment for next Thursday to have my Radio updated, since I'm unable to do it myself. The latest upgrade came out in early September. Upgrades are free as long as the vehicle is still under warranty. I'm going to play with my phone again today to see if there is anything I can do concerning music. The phone part works fine.

Edited by dhh3

I just saw on the news that Apple is pulling the iOS 8 update (I'm assuming for those who have not yet downloaded) as it's very flawed.. So this could be the issue that we are having with the uconnect.. It makes sense.

Actually, it is the ios 8.01 update released this week that has been pulled, 8.0 is still available and they are working on 8.02 which is expected to be released in the next few days and it is supposed to fix the issues introduced with 8.01.

From what I have ready the issues only affected iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users who upgraded to 8.01 and caused loss of cellular service or ability to use Touch ID.

Actually, it is the ios 8.01 update released this week that has been pulled, 8.0 is still available and they are working on 8.02 which is expected to be released in the next few days and it is supposed to fix the issues introduced with 8.01.

From what I have ready the issues only affected iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users who upgraded to 8.01 and caused loss of cellular service or ability to use Touch ID.

This is what I read also. I have only downloaded 8.0, not 8.01. When I check the phone for updates, it tells me 8.0 is up to date. So, I will wait for my Uconnect update, before I do anything again with my phone.

I called Uconnect yesterday. Uconnect gives their OS to all of the phone mfgs, so Apple should be working on a fix. I will try and call Apple today. They were very helpful trying to get all of my Album Artwork to display, But sadly, Uconnect no longer works with Gracenote.

So you've been able to get your album artwork from your iPod/iphone to display on your Uconnect? I would rather not use grace note as it don't recognize some of my new albums, but when i switch it off no album art displays at all... Curious to know how you got this to work and what apple product your using and what Connect system you have...

I am having the same issue but I have not been able to update the uconnect software. I am having issues with the software for it, it wont go past the akiama manager download. The Akaima downloads but will not start the uconnect software download as the instructions says.

Which browser are you using? I know for Firefox I had to left-click on the "shield" icon (at the left of the address bar) and from the drop down box I selected "Disable protection on this page".

I own a 2012 Dodge Charger with the 8.4 UConnect system. Everything was fine with iOS8, until I updated to iOS 8.0.2. Now Im experiencing the same problem that all you guys are. My music plays, but I can only go forward and back, all of the other buttons, including "shuffle" and "browse" are greyed out and it never updates the music catalog. I also tried to do the update, followed all the instructions to the letter, but when I went to go plug in the USB stick to the Car, it just said that the USB Device was Unreadable, Please unplug it from the system. I hope that Apple puts out an update in the new future. I guess its bluetooth for me now.

So you've been able to get your album artwork from your iPod/iphone to display on your Uconnect? I would rather not use grace note as it don't recognize some of my new albums, but when i switch it off no album art displays at all... Curious to know how you got this to work and what apple product your using and what Connect system you have...

Most of my album artwork displayed before iOS8. I spent many hours on the phone with Apple and they finally determined that it was a Uconnect problem. Now, none displays. Both Apple and Uconnect are working on a fix, but it may take a few months. The latest Uconnect software update did not do anything to solve this. Every one of my songs has the relayted artwork; both on my phone and in my iTunes Library. It should display, but it does not.

• 2 weeks later...