Left cylinder head letter.

pacsound

Hey @ tinkergaloot,

Found cylinder 6 had low compression and a leaking exhaust valve. Waiting to see if FCA will honour the X56 warranty on this. Unfortunately FCA Australia doesn't have the best record when it comes to honouring warranty. 

• 4 months later...

Hello, sorry I know this is on old post but we were in the middle of PCSing with the military when notices went out and have been having issues with the cylinder #4 misfiring for awhile.  We are still under 10 years and 149,000 miles.  Do we just contact our dealership and make an appointment to have this issue resolved???  

12 hours ago, Adam Gordon said:

Hello, sorry I know this is on old post but we were in the middle of PCSing with the military when notices went out and have been having issues with the cylinder #4 misfiring for awhile.  We are still under 10 years and 149,000 miles.  Do we just contact our dealership and make an appointment to have this issue resolved???  

Yeah mate best to contact dealership and ask them the question. If you are in the US you should be fine. Here in Oz they are very hard to deal with.... I ended up selling the car at loss. :(

• 2 years later...

Hi, sorry for reviving an old thread, hopefully someone will reply.  I have the same issue with my 2012 Journey 3.6.  It overheated one day out of the blue.  Now it loses water when it gets hot, thus getting hotter and starts to overheat.  I took out the thermostat, no change. I never see any water leaks on the ground.  Seems like a head gasket except there's no oil in the coolant and no coolant in the oil, also no white smoke out of the exhaust.  I tried some Bars Leaks Head Gasket repair and it didn't work.  It's just over 10 yrs and 150K so that's not an option.  The code reader is saying "oxygen sensors in the exhaust system that there is an excess of air and shortage of fuel within the number one cylinder." so my guess is that there is a coolant to exhaust leak in cylinder 1.  Does this sound correct?  Could it be getting air in the coolant another way?  Would an oil cooler leak be letting air in without showing any coolant leaks underneath?  I need to fix it inexpensively but I'm not prepared to do the head gasket myself.  I'd try Steal Seal in the coolant 1st but I don't wanna throw away $135 if it's something else.

Thanks to anyone who's dealt with the same issue and can point me to the right solution.

On 9/25/2014 at 6:04 AM, Lobitz68 said:

There is a lot to remove in order to get it off, so it takes a while, but it should be a "simple" job for a competent technician...

I just replaced my left head on my 2015 dodge journey sxt 3.6l myself. Got tge new hear from gearheads in Texas.  Look up motor city mechanics  on you tube they have an excellent video series on replacing the left head. My mechanic wanted 6 grand to do both heads...in my opinion these journeys are junk. Mine only has 92000 on it. I now have a P219b code I can't seem to fix after replacing all injectors on the bank b side, new o2 sensors and  map sensor.