2014 Dodge Journey Daytime Running Lights

Quoted from where? In MN if it is raining/snowing/foggy (times of low visibility), or if you have your wipers on, you are required to use your headlights. DRLs do NOT meet this requirement, but I see a ton of people who have no lights on at these times, so apparently it is not well enforced...

It appears that the NHTSA has performed a third study of the effectiveness of DRL and has stated that they are not effective in most instances and may actually be an added danger for motorists and pedestrians... Based on this report, I highly doubt that we will see mandatory use of DRLs in the states in the near future.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=NHTSA-2008-0153-0004

I also thought that this site was interesting... http://www.lightsout.org/index.html

I have had 2 GM Crossovers that had a auto position on the headlight switch. I did not order either one so I can not tell you the deal with Our '07 Equinox had a position for DLRL, headlights and auto. The saturn had the same thing but up above the key switch and I had some wiring fry on it and the mechnic replaced the switch and taped the wire that had the problem. He said it was a common problem, but no TSB or recall. He replaced the switch at no cost. He showed me how quick it was to replace.

Does the Journey have a "auto" setting. My owners books showes something about the switch being different. The DJ is not here as it is my wife's turn to drive today, so I can not look. It is a 2014.

We have turned on our lights on low for most daylight use most times before we had auto ones. I do on my Cherokee and my big truck but they warn you after you turn the key off, if you leave lights on. The Jeep will leave the lights on for a period of time for you to get into the house.

I am not mad at Dodge for it being this way, my fault. Did you have to turn them on the radio panel every time to turn them off and on or was it a one time thing?

Edited by PapaG

We took delivery of our new 2014 DJ SXT just over a week ago, I asked the dealer about DTR and they did not know anything, typical.
2 days later my wife went shopping and went into an underground parking lot under the mall. Well she called me and told me that as
soon as she went into the parking lot, as in left street level into the lot the lights came on all by themselves. Now this does not happen
in our 2013 DJ SXT, but it does in the 2014 model, so I'm thinking that this is the DTR function,.

Is that correct?

Sounds like your 2013 does not have Auto Headlamps and your 2014 does. Look at the headlamp switch. If one has an "A" position and the other does not, then there is your answer. It is not a function of DRL. DRL, if equipped, come on when the regular headlamps are off and the car is shifted into Drive. Auto headlamps will turn on the headlamps automatically when the ambient light level drops below a pre-programmed threshold (as in entering a parking garage during the day).

Edited by Journeyman425

So understanding my headlight on my 14 journey, on the drivers side there's the headlight and to the left there a turn signal and below that is another light that doesnot come on with any other light is that the drl?

I assume that you mean when you are looking at the front of the vehicle? If so, yes, you have the headlamp toward the outside of the vehicle and the blinker on the top inside corner. The light below the blinker is your high beam and your DRL (if so equipped)...

So understanding my headlight on my 14 journey, on the drivers side there's the headlight and to the left there a turn signal and below that is another light that doesnot come on with any other light is that the drl?

As stated, the DRL's are the high beam lights on reduced voltage. Turn your headlights and flick the high beams on, the ones that are on when the high beams are on are the DRL's. They only operate in drive, when the headlight switch is in the off position.

Yes that's the way they are programmed for Canadian market.

Really not set up for cruisin' and lookin' cool.

In Canada, IMO this is one case where vanity is trumped by safety........Just my own personal thoughts. B) It is so much easier to see an oncoming car on a single lane highway with the DRL's on.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

I would also like to have my daytime running lights enabled. Unfortunately, I had it to the dealer twice and still no dice, I really haven't gotten a definitive answer of why not either. The last eight digits of my VIN are as follows: CT312845. My mileage is 20,800. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated!

I have added sales code LMK for you. Return your vehicle to your dealer and have them perform a reconfiguration, which will pick up the new sales code and allow you to enable the DRL through your touch screen. Remember that when you check the box for DRL, they will only come on when the vehicle is in gear and if the regular headlamps are not on.

There's no sales code LMK present in your VIN database for me to add. It may be due to the fact that your DJ is not a North American Market build but I'm not sure. That's all that I have access to, though. Sorry I could not help you here.

My DJ is made in Mexico and imported here. Thanks a lot for your help.