2012 hitch backorder?

kamhillbilly

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL yeah true! ;-) I didn't tell the wife about that. Can get aftermarket, but the hang out and look awful. May try and sourse a cheap one, then sell it once I get the OE one. Chrysler has their head up their a$$ sometimes, this sure is one of them.

Your right the reason I paid way too much for the factory one is because it was tucked away nicely actually so hidden I cant find it oh right I havent got it yet !!!!!!!!

I got a class 3 curt on ebay, 167$ Canadian to the door. Just gotta put it on. I'll flog it if the OE one ever shows up

Granted it's not what you "really" wanted but glad to hear you have something in which to use temporarily, albeit near the end of September. I was very lucky I guess seeing as I had everything I needed for my 2010 Dodge Journey in less than a month. I certainly agree that this problem is unacceptable and hope Dodge does something for you.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

I bought the wife a new 2012 Journey sxt in May and dealer says hitch is still backordered any one else having issues .we have all ready lost the summer cant tow atv trailer to the cottage have to take two vehicles (we have reg cab cummins truck no room for kids)

Yup our hitch has been back ordered since May also...2012 journey Crew. Annoying, to say the least! If we haven't heard anything by the middle of next month we may ask for additional help. I must admit we were warned that the backorder could be a lengthy wait, but it's getting ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Moparman, Phone Joe @ 1-800-652-3181 and ask if they have a hitch. It's my dealer in western Canada.

On Friday I was out to my dealer for an oil change, I talked to Joe and he mentioned someone from down east had phoned about a hitch, I assumed it was you, he said they are having trouble getting hitches so they get them from somewhere else (wish I could remember the name), he told me that the Chrysler hitches were made by this company and just reboxed for them. If you want I could find out who.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Got my hitch installed last week (2012 SXT in Australia). After having to take it back twice to the dealer - Lights not working, parking sensor wiring dispaced during install - it seems to be fine. Havent towed with it yet but looks a quality piece. It has a Mopar label and part number - but the hitch itself is made in New Zealand and is also proudly embossed with the manufacturers stamp and approprite legals for this part of the world. Made by Betta bars and fits well - no cutting of the rear valance etc.

Cheers

Noel

• 1 month later...

Kamhillbily!

We apologize for and are very sensitive to the consequences of part delays, and as a result, we do attempt to minimize delivery time to our dealers.

The factors influencing our inventory are many and include supplier availability, storage capacity, and part production/demand.

These factors are continually reviewed to ensure optimal combinations; however, there will inevitably be some delays, which we may not be able to modify.

If you would like me to look into this for you, send me a PM with your VIN and name of your dealer; from there i will see what i can do.

Well it is now December ,6 months still no hitch still no call from dealer or salesperson its clear that once they have a sale they sure don't care . I figure if they cant supply the factory hitch that was ordered on the car when it was bought Chrysler Canada is not fulfilling there part of the contract as you can see I am getting extremely pissed off . Having to take two vehicles to the camp all summer and fall so I can bring the family and our atv ( the family truck is reg cab cummins which is supposed to stay at camp for fire wood and plowing) . I was told late November /December but being in northern Ontario probably lucky to have by next summer .AND no I dod not want an after market hitch that hung down I wanted the factory hitch that was hidden nicely and that I paid top dollar for!

Signed

Irate Chrysler customer soon to be former Customer

• 3 weeks later...

Update from Chrysler Canada I received

Dear Mr.********:

Thank you for your return email of December 17, 2012, regarding the
trailer hitch for your 2012 Dodge Journey, VIN:*******************.

As discussed in our conversation today, we have contacted Lakehead
Motors and because there is a new vendor, the part is still on backorder
with no ETA.

I have placed a track on your file and will keep you up to date with any
new information. In the meantime, if you need to contact us, you can
call 1-800-465-**** or by return email. Your file number is************

In the meantime, we would appreciate your further patience.

• 2 weeks later...

I know you don't need my sympathy, but it's amazing as well as very disappointing to hear of everyone's problem with the trailer hitches. As I have said before I got mine several weeks after I bought the car, I was on a west coast trip and did not need it, it's a 2010 model. I have talked to my local dealer regarding this (Indian Head Chrysler) and he seems to be at a loss to explain this. I truly hope something done real soon to alleviate this.

terry

Got a call this morning from Dodge Customer Assist and the nice lady said my hitch should be available sometime this month...Hopefully by the middle of the month. I sure hope it was worth the long wait. I m impressed that since I contacted these folks that they have checked into the issue and are keeping in touch.

• 2 weeks later...

At least some one contacted you , the only time I received a call was when I told them I was looking for compansation for my inconveionce of buying a car with a trailer package and it not having one for 6+ months and counting. Spring is coming fast if its not here I may park this car on someones desk . As far as I am concerned I bought a car with a hitch paid the bill , they are in breech of contract if they can not provide me with a factory hitch.

• 4 weeks later...
How did you guys make out?

This is the latest Info but I am not holding my breath , as far as I am concerned this is pitiful service.....My continued patience is wearing very THIN

Dear Mr.________:

Thank you for your return email of February 7, 2013, regarding the

trailer hitch for your 2012 Dodge Journey, VIN: ..................0.

As discussed in our telephone conversation today, the part, trailer

hitch, is now available for order and the Parts Department at Lakehead

Motors has been contacted and advised to order the new part. When an

ETA is available, you will be updated.

Thank you for your continued patience.

NOTE: Please do not use the 'Reply' function of your email. If you have

a need to respond to this email, please visit us at our reply form (link

provided below). Our system is NOT able to accept any emails at this

address.

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the

following information:

REFERENCE NUMBER: ------------

REPLY LINK:

------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,

K. Owen (Ms.)

Customer Care Manager

Chrysler Canada Customer Care

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

Comments:

REFERENCE NUMBER: ---------- Is there a date on the trailer hitches being

available it has now been 8 months since I purchased my Journey with a

trailer hitch that I do not have .I have been to the dealer several

times each time they said they would contact me with an answer (yes or

not yet ) no one has ever called. I am starting to get extremely annoyed

, 8 months not great customer service.

Went to my dealer yesterday. It's bad when they see me and know me by name. Unfortunately, Mopar still does not have an ETA for the hitch in the system and is not even replying to the dealer. Dealer showed the message they sent to Mopar in the system abouty 2 weeks ago and have yet to get a response. There are currently about 750 hitches on backorder nationally in United States. Can't blame the dealer for this one, Mopar is the one dropping the ball. The only reason given so far is that there was a supplier change. Seems fishy, any decent supplier could build a new weld jig to make these hitches. Any good DIY welder could make one for his garage and make his own hitch.

Hello Everyone!!! Just joined the group to hopefully add a little insight to this. I am a parts "advisor" at a dealership, and I know exactly the frustration you are feeling with this. What has happend is the company that made the hitches for Mopar for as long as I have been here (9 years)was changed. I dont know if they went under, lost their bid, whatever, so their was a manufacturer change. This happened midyear 2012. We have a customer who purchased a '12 Journey, wanted a hitch on it, we had one on order for months, and then put on an aftermarket hitch(Little back ground on me-this is the first dealer i have worked for, and had worked in the aftermarket for 17 years)didn't really like the way it fit, but we had to do something. Here it is, February '13 and I have another customer looking for a hitch for their '13 Journey, and Mopar says "maybe middle of April" I agree that it is very maddening that something as common as a hitch is so hard to get. Hopefully, soon, all will be resolved. Take care everyone.

I am a parts "advisor" at a dealership, and I know exactly the frustration you are feeling with this.

Thanks for your insight on this Bob, I know many people are very frustrated (and well they should be) with this. I personally have a 2010 c/w the trailer towing package and a hitch and I feel very fortunate to have all this. I know I have towed my boat and my kayak trailer many times and been very satified.

Terry

145771081.jpg