Rubbing noise when turning

I am happy to say that I had this problem and it has been resolved. My regular mechanic figured it out way before Dodge but since is was under warranty I had to wait for them to figure it out. They first thought it was the Power Transfer Unit but turns out it was the rear differential...that fixed that and the problem is completely gone. Now we just have the quirks (so many), like every once a a while the transmission will buck..or it's gurgly when driving...or the brakes are rough when stopping (even though recently replaced) (which grinding breaking noise only went away when my mechanic upgraded to ceramic brakes,,)

Anyway, hope that helps with the grinding noise (it felt like driving over the ridges on the highway meant to help people who are falling asleep.) it did it when turning right but more so to the left...

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice this thread is from 2008, but I have a 2017 Dodge Journey with the same grinding noise when turning left while going uphill. I will relay the information offered here about the power steering air and reservoir issue to the dealer (since they seemed unaware of what was causing this grinding noise). I'm not sure why a problem that was happening with Journeys in 2008 is still happening in 2017 Journeys.

10 hours ago, AIIyson said:

I notice this thread is from 2008, but I have a 2017 Dodge Journey with the same grinding noise when turning left while going uphill. I will relay the information offered here about the power steering air and reservoir issue to the dealer (since they seemed unaware of what was causing this grinding noise). I'm not sure why a problem that was happening with Journeys in 2008 is still happening in 2017 Journeys.

Maybe the dealer will know.