2010 Journey Passenger Grab Handle (bar)

NormsHGW

I did a search trying several keywords but nothing came up so I'll ask here, if I missed a thread let me know.

I want to put a grab handle on the passenger side of my Journey so the wife has something to hang on to when I'm making a turn. I don't make turns at NASCAR speeds but she's used to grabbing one from when I had my old car, and besides, it's nice to have. I've been checking periodically but so far, nothing strikes me as useable. Is there anyone on here that has added one to their Journey? If so then when kind? I don't mind using an aftermarket product or one that was for another Mopar car, just as long as it works, is stable, and can be installed with not to much effort.

Thanks

I could be wrong here, but I would think that the hole would be there in the frame for the handle already. I didn't realize that not all Journey's came with the holy shit handles. You may even be able to order the handle from the dealer (if you can't find the part, in the Interior section, there is a thread to all Journey part numbers). You may be able to install it yourself.

According to the Dodge web site In the US the grips are on the Crew and above - the AVP, SE and SXT don't get them. And I quote:

Crew Features

included in base price

• Includes Everything on SXT, Plus:
  • bla
  • bla
  • bla
  • Permium Headliner Group w/Passenger Assist handles
  • bla
  • bla
  • bla

Edited by bramfrank

• 3 years later...

My 2012 V6 Crew Journey does not have grab handles. We had a 2011 for a few weeks before it was totalled on the way home from my daughter's wedding. It was a 4 cyl SXT model and it also came with a power driver seat and the compartment under the front passenger seat. I would have thought the Crew model would have more features, not less. The 2012 does have real wheels and foglights though and I do like the V6, especially with a full load of passengers. I will take the suggestion and find a dealer or body shop to install my $12 handle which I ordered from the dealer. Great price!

Mine has the grab handles above the door also. I find them mostly useless for aiding getting in or out of the car. We (DW and I) are short, so the seats are forward. The grab handles wind up above and behind our heads providing no leverage for getting in or out. What ever happened to the "tried and true" A pillar handles? Wish they'd put them back in the vehicles...they were good for gaining leverage and stability and made good "panic" grips in those "sporty" situations where the passenger goes "white knuckle" with the excitement :yup:

• 2 years later...
On 7/11/2018 at 7:14 AM, LeeJourney said:

Just checking, has anyone found a solution to the grab handle question.  I am looking to install grab handles, please provide part number.

Try the link below. Just change to your specific year and model. 

https://www.quirkparts.com/auto-parts/2015/dodge/journey/sxt-trim/3-6l-v6-flex-engine/body-cat/interior-trim-roof-scat/?part_number=1rl62hdaaa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...