Dodge website has been updated; 2012 Journey information available

Agreed. When my dealer told me that I had to get the chrome wheels, I told them that I won't buy the car then. They quickly agreed to swap the wheels and deduct the $500 upgrade charge when it comes in. Luckily, they still have a couple cars on the lot with standard Crew wheels. I'd rather have the R/T wheel color actually, but they don't have any R/Ts on the lot.

That could be a problem for me... they wouldn't have any other R/T's with the satin carbon finish wheels on the lot. I agree with you; I won't buy the car if it doesn't have the wheels I want.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That could be a problem for me... they wouldn't have any other R/T's with the satin carbon finish wheels on the lot. I agree with you; I won't buy the car if it doesn't have the wheels I want.

It's probably worth having your dealer inquire with Chrysler about the wheels. At least then you can start working with them on a resolution now if they discover that it really will be shipped with chrome. They could probably find an R/T at another dealer that they could swap with one on their lot to get a hold of the R/T wheels if they had to. I'm sure they'd rather do that then lose the sale.

I e-mailed my dealer; here's their (very fast) response:

You startled me! I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure and needed to take an additional pill after reading that! It also didnt show your sunroof,but after looking into your order the Journey is equipped the way you ordered it! The wheels show a code of WPY (satin carbon painted) and I confirmed your optional equipment. And it is an AWD R/T. They no longer "produce" the Heat.

I also just got another response from Dodge regarding my "front grille logo with red stripes" question; it looks like I'll be getting the new logo :)

"Dear XXXXX:

Thank you for contacting the Dodge Customer Assistance Center in regards to your 2012 Dodge Journey Heat AWD Hatchback.

According to our website it shows they are coming with the red stripes on the emblem. To verify this we recommend you see your Sales Manager at your dealership.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Sabrina

Customer Service Representative

Dodge Customer Assistance Center

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the

following information:

REFERENCE NUMBER: XXXXXXXX

EMAIL CASE NUMBER: XXXXXXX

REPLY LINK: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

You startled me! I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure and needed to take an additional pill after reading that! It also didnt show your sunroof,but after looking into your order the Journey is equipped the way you ordered it! The wheels show a code of WPY (satin carbon painted) and I confirmed your optional equipment. And it is an AWD R/T. They no longer "produce" the Heat.

Cool. I hope you do end up with the right wheels and the logo with the red stripes. I'm hoping mine has them as well.

Maybe it's late availability, like the 8.4 screen. I guess we'll find out in the next few weeks as special orders begin to arrive.

Wow, no wonder why my '11 Canadian R/T doesn't have the 8.4", maybe it was the earlier batch. I swear I saw the brochure that 8.4" was standard on the R/T. Damn that's a bit disappointing.

Anyways, the red touch on the grille looks really nice, wonder if we can replace it ourselves :P

Wow, no wonder why my '11 Canadian R/T doesn't have the 8.4", maybe it was the earlier batch. I swear I saw the brochure that 8.4" was standard on the R/T. Damn that's a bit disappointing.

It was probably actually in a late batch for a 2011. My understanding is that the parts for the 8.4 became scarce after the earthquake in Japan. So late 2011 builds and early 2012 builds ended up with the 4.3. The 8.4 just became available again for builds after 11/1/11. As a matter of fact, I haven't heard any reports from anyone with an 8.4 in a 2012 yet. I'd be happy to be the first if my car would hurry up and get here!

I order my 2012 Crew on Nov 22nd and i was told that the 8.4 was now available and standard on the crew trim. It had apparently just become available days prior to my order and my dealer had to look it up as it was news to him.

I am so looking forward to delivery day but i'm haveing a rough time waiting. :( Sadly, the Christtmas factory shutdown will probably extend my agony :(

It was probably actually in a late batch for a 2011. My understanding is that the parts for the 8.4 became scarce after the earthquake in Japan. So late 2011 builds and early 2012 builds ended up with the 4.3. The 8.4 just became available again for builds after 11/1/11. As a matter of fact, I haven't heard any reports from anyone with an 8.4 in a 2012 yet. I'd be happy to be the first if my car would hurry up and get here!

• Official Dodge Support

Pantheman,

It is true that the Heat is no longer a trim line. The current offerings are as follows from the lowest on up.

American Value Package (AVP)

SE

SXT

Crew

RT

The Crew and the RT should have the 8.4 as standard equipment when not replaced due to a parts shortage. When the parts shortage occurred the 8.4 was replaced with the 4.3.

Edited by DodgeCares

I order my 2012 Crew on Nov 22nd and i was told that the 8.4 was now available and standard on the crew trim. It had apparently just become available days prior to my order and my dealer had to look it up as it was news to him.

"Days prior" is probably a bit of an exaggeration. I ordered mine with the 8.4 on October 13th. I sure hope mine arrives before Christmas. I don't have a way to track it now that access to Insight has been removed.

When the parts shortage occurred the 8.4 was replaced with the 4.3.

Chris, do you know if there's a shortage on the standard Crew or R/T wheels? The order for my Crew couldn't be configured without the chrome clad wheels. And the Dodge website still doesn't let you configure a Crew without the chrome wheels. The standard wheels are still listed, but it doesn't let you deselect the chrome wheels and select the standard wheels.

Yeah i agree. I noticed after i posted that you had mentioned 11/1/11 as the availability date and that you had ordered yours on 10/13/11.

I wonder if the month that it took for yours to get schedualed had something to do with the 11/1/11 date for the 8.4" screen? If so then perhaps mine won't take a month to get schedualed. fingers crossed. :)

Time for the weekly "bug the dealer" phonecall :)

"Days prior" is probably a bit of an exaggeration. I ordered mine with the 8.4 on October 13th. I sure hope mine arrives before Christmas. I don't have a way to track it now that access to Insight has been removed.

I wonder if the month that it took for yours to get schedualed had something to do with the 11/1/11 date for the 8.4" screen?

That's entirely possible. I also ended up adding the rear seat entertainment option, which had the same late availability. Although, the timing sounds about on par with what others have reported.

Were you able to order yours without chrome wheels?

• Official Dodge Support

Chris, do you know if there's a shortage on the standard Crew or R/T wheels? The order for my Crew couldn't be configured without the chrome clad wheels. And the Dodge website still doesn't let you configure a Crew without the chrome wheels. The standard wheels are still listed, but it doesn't let you deselect the chrome wheels and select the standard wheels.

General,

Have not heard of any wheel shortages but there could be one. I will keep my ears open and post if I hear anything definite. Size of wheels selected also determine which wheels are available for that size. I have listed the latest standard wheel equipment below.

Crew 19 X 7.0 painted aluminum wheels sales code WPX

R/T 19 X 7.0 Painted aluminum wheels sales code WPY

Have not heard of any wheel shortages but there could be one. I will keep my ears open and post if I hear anything definite. Size of wheels selected also determine which wheels are available for that size. I have listed the latest standard wheel equipment below.

Crew 19 X 7.0 painted aluminum wheels sales code WPX

R/T 19 X 7.0 Painted aluminum wheels sales code WPY

Do you know why the Crew can't be configured with the WPX wheels? You can try it using "Build Your Own" at dodge.com. The chrome clad wheels (which are a $500 option) are automatically selected. You can try to deselect them or select the painted aluminum wheels, but it doesn't let you. All other options can be selected or deselected, just not the wheels. Ordinarily, I would guess that's just a glitch with the web site, but the same thing happened when my dealer placed the order for my Crew. No matter what they did, the chrome wheels kept getting added to the order automatically and could not be removed. That's why I was thinking there may be a shortage of the regular painted aluminum 19" wheels.

Do you know why the Crew can't be configured with the WPX wheels? You can try it using "Build Your Own" at dodge.com. The chrome clad wheels (which are a $500 option) are automatically selected. You can try to deselect them or select the painted aluminum wheels, but it doesn't let you. All other options can be selected or deselected, just not the wheels. Ordinarily, I would guess that's just a glitch with the web site, but the same thing happened when my dealer placed the order for my Crew. No matter what they did, the chrome wheels kept getting added to the order automatically and could not be removed. That's why I was thinking there may be a shortage of the regular painted aluminum 19" wheels.

I'm just speculating here... but I'm thinking that since they've made the sporty "R/T" the top model, that they want the Crew to be closer to the now defunct "Lux" model... hence the required flashy wheels.

Edited by pantheman75

• Official Dodge Support

I will try and find out.

I'm just speculating here... but I'm thinking that since they've made the sporty "R/T" the top model, that they want the Crew to be closer to the now defunct "Lux" model... hence the required flashy wheels.

Then again... the brochure clearly states that the satin aluminum wheels are standard on the Crew... unless that's changed since the brochure was published...

I have noticed that most people have waited up to 4 weeks to get to the build stage. :( That just scares me because that puts me building the week before christmas. If it doesn;t build before christmas, it will be Feburary before i see the car :(

I will check my copy of the order sheet when i get home and see which wheels mine is coming with. There was no talk of the chrome wheels vs painted aluminum so i'm getting whatever is standard with the Crew up here in Canada.

That's entirely possible. I also ended up adding the rear seat entertainment option, which had the same late availability. Although, the timing sounds about on par with what others have reported.

Were you able to order yours without chrome wheels?

I have noticed that most people have waited up to 4 weeks to get to the build stage. :(

Here's the timeline of mine:

10/13 - Order placed

10/31 - Order confirmed

11/11 - VIN assigned & Scheduled for production

11/28 - Shipped from factory

That's where my visibility ends. The last estimate for dealer delivery was 12/19.

Thanks, I should have just asked but i managed to figure out most of those dates from your various posts. What i couldn't find was your confirmed date which seems to line up with the parts availability date of 11/1/11,

My order was listed as a confirmed order (Code BX) the day after i ordered it on 11/22/11. So based on your timeline, I should have a VIN now but my order is still listed as BX. The dealer is calling head office to see if he can get more info.

10/13 - Order placed

10/31 - Order confirmed

That's where my visibility ends. The last estimate for dealer delivery was 12/19.

10/13 - Order placed

10/31 - Order confirmed

Mine supposedly left factory on the 29th of nov, loaded on train 5th of dec, will transfer to truck on 16th.

Also dodgr sent me a 1k coupon. My dealer applied it to my order for total of $6k off sticker price.

$27k for crew w/ tow, 2nd row child, nav, rear ent, leather, flex seats.

There's a picture on that page of a Journey towing a trailer with some small boats on it. It definitely looks like a conventional horizontal hitch instead of the Mopar vertical hitch. But it looks like it comes right out of the facia instead of beneath it like aftermarket hitches. What's up with that?

I will let you know on or after Dec 29/2011

I have a app. to get my mopar hitch installed at a dealer here in Canada

I too thought it was a vertical also ,as that is what the salesman told me before he ordered it......

I keep you posted..................caper...............