Tow Prep-Package!!

caperinmuskoka

Would the VIN offer go for us Canadians as well? my 2010 I purchased used, and obviously was not listed on that purchase.

You can check yourself for a build sheet. On the left side of the page.. look for "equipment listing"

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html?screenName=newVehicle&country=us&emailUrl=goToEmailForm%2528%2527R%2527%2529

awesome, thanks for the link.

checked mine and there is no option showing on the Canadian/Newfoundland build sheet for a towing package.

no listing for a extra engine oil cooler, but there is a optional equipment Trailer Sway Damping.

Anyone else know much more about this topic on the 2010 Canadian models?

• 1 year later...
On 7/13/2015 at 1:36 PM, BrianS said:

You can check yourself for a build sheet. On the left side of the page.. look for "equipment listing"

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html?screenName=newVehicle&country=us&emailUrl=goToEmailForm%2528%2527R%2527%2529

Thanks for the linkNow I'm more confused; doing research on towing a pop-up.

My DJ has the engine cooler listed and I have the white and blue harness that terminates near the spare but it doesn't list the tow prep group package. 

That is the way mine came from the factory, also.  All you need is the harness with all the relays which plugs into the harness that terminates by the spare.  This harness terminates in a 4-pin flat connector.  Get your hitch installed, have your Dealer add the Sales Code, and activate the harness.  BINGO!  You now have the Trailer Tow Group!

Edited by dhh3

On 8/22/2016 at 5:34 AM, dhh3 said:

That is the way mine came from the factory, also.  All you need is the harness with all the relays which plugs into the harness that terminates by the spare.  This harness terminates in a 4-pin flat connector.  Get your hitch installed, have your Dealer add the Sales Code, and activate the harness.  BINGO!  You now have the Trailer Tow Group!

Thanks dhh3. That clears it up.

• 8 months later...
On 7/13/2015 at 9:36 PM, BrianS said:

i tried to use the site to get my build sheet, but all I get is a pdf with "Ooop! Please try again" on it.  So does this still work or is it just me?

5 hours ago, lane said:

i tried to use the site to get my build sheet, but all I get is a pdf with "Ooop! Please try again" on it.  So does this still work or is it just me?

As far as I know, it still works. i clicked on it, and then the equipment listing on the left, and it brought up a place I could input my vin... it says something about "experienceing a temporary outage". Maybe it's gone for good, maybe temporary. I would suggest trying again later.

• 2 months later...

The site is still working, I just used it this week to get my build sheet. I do have the oïl engine cooler et trailer sway control. Just to clarify think about the towing capacity that changed from 2010 to 2011. I just spoke with dodge and what they told me is they changed the way they wrote it. The dodge Journey can tow 3500lbs but that is including passangers and luggages, so it is 3500lbs total that is why they rated it at 2500lbs. That makes sens because you can't tow 3500lbs with the Journey and sit 7 passengers Inside with luggages. You have to be reasonable and think, which sometimes people don't do.