Ordered a new Dodge Journey 2012 Crew - good price?

Does that price include tax, title, and reg? Did the dealer say whether or not it was going to come with the 8.4 inch screen? My dealer says he can't tell yet because the factory has closed special orders until sometime in October. How long did they say it would take to arrive?

Edited by generaltso

Does that price include tax, title, and reg? Did the dealer say whether or not it was going to come with the 8.4 inch screen? My dealer says he can't tell yet because the factory has closed special orders until sometime in October. How long did they say it would take to arrive?

Guaranteed delivery date is 12/9/11.

TTL should be $39. Military exemption registration in SC.

Comes with the 4.3S, don't really care for the 8.4 since those will cost more anyways.

I bought my 2011 brilliant black crew in February of this year. It is loaded with just about every option but AWD. List price was about $32,700. The manager showed me the invoice on what he paid. I paid $2,000 over invoice, so I bought it for around $28,000. Add tax,document fees,$600 paint sealer,gap insurance. Subtract cash and rebates...ended up financing about $29,500. Hope that helps answer your question

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that everyone is gung-ho on the 8.4" screen ... but I really don't have any problems with the 4.3". Heck, I'm good with knobs and buttons - as long as they work. I know all these systems are great now, but how long will the last under real world use? That is a question nobody can answer, because they haven't been out there long enough. I'm still waiting to see how it all responds to -40 temps this winter! (Any fellow Canucks have any experience with these in super cold temps?)

I'm a little mixed in feelings about all the 'modern conveniences' in vehicles. On the one hand, they're awesome! The more goodies, the better! On the other hand, there's something incredibly simple (and cheap to fix) about good old fashioned knobs and buttons. Something happens to that touch screen, look at everything you lose ALL access to - radio/entertainment, climate control - some pretty essential items, unless you live in Hawaii where high/low temps aren't really an issue. It's a very pricey single point of failure. And the 8.4" version add another bunch of features to that single point of failure.

I love my DJ, and all it offers ... but part of me still longs for the absolute simplicity of my old 1963 Ford Falcon. Almost nothing there that couldn't be fixed with some combination of screw driver, crescent wrench, WD-40, duct tape, and speaker wire. And a spare starter solenoid ... because any Ford from the 60's to the 80's had them fail regularly. Owned one from each decade, and NEVER went anywhere without a spare in the glove box. :P

Can you confirm that with Chrysler? I was talking to a sales rep yesterday and he said that Chrysler wasn't going to ship any 2012 Journeys with the 8.4" screen. Just curious.

Well my order sheet specifically states 8.4”.

Though my dealer is not just a regular dealer, so maybe they have access to certain features that was reserved for certain type of orders.

I am kind of bummed that the nav option and rear entertainment options were not available.

When I had ordered I had just assumed it was the 4”, it didn't specifically state until I received the order that was submitted to the factory.

Edited by Estoyloco

The nav option is available now. I just ordered mine with it. If they haven't built yours yet, maybe they can still add it to the order?

Thx alot for the tip off. I contacted my dealer again.

It is coming online tomorrow for order, so I am getting my order changed to add the

AS4 (Navigation & Sound Group I) $995

AV1 (Rear Seat Video Group I) $795

These are retail prices, they are getting added for invoice, so it should be a little less than that.

Edit: Got my new price on the car:

$28,461.50 + $39 TTL

2012 Crew FWD

Flexible Seating Group

Trailer Tow Prep Group

Navigation & Sound Group I

Rear Seat Video Group I

2nd Row Seat w/2 Child Boosters

Black/Pearl Leather w/ Heated Front Seats

Edited by Estoyloco

The one thing I do not get though is the redunant features in the package groups.

Nav & Sound adds 3-zone Auto AC (already apart of flexible seating group) or w/o seating group 2-zone Auto AC (already standard on the Crew)

Rear Seat Video Group I adds 6 premium speakers (already standard on the Crew)

The one thing I do not get though is the redunant features in the package groups.

Nav & Sound adds 3-zone Auto AC (already apart of flexible seating group) or w/o seating group 2-zone Auto AC (already standard on the Crew)

Rear Seat Video Group I adds 6 premium speakers (already standard on the Crew)

Yeah, the packages have some redundant features since you can add them to the different trim levels that may or may not already come with them. You'd think there would be a discount on the package price if some of the features are already included as standard or part of another package, but sadly, that's not the case.

Yeah, the packages have some redundant features since you can add them to the different trim levels that may or may not already come with them. You'd think there would be a discount on the package price if some of the features are already included as standard or part of another package, but sadly, that's not the case.

I think overall Dodge's pricing is not too bad.

The Rear Seat Group costs $795 and it is well integrated with the temp controls. Well worth it imo to have a streamlined product. In addition it would probably cost me the same in the end to get a 3rd party product installed at a later time, having to pull panels apart, run new wiring/spicing into existing wiring and would not look as good as one specifically designed for the vehicle.

On eBay the 8" DVD OEM setup for the older Journeys are $785 and that is without installation, install materials, without accessories (headphones), a smaller sized screen, doesn't integrate with the rear temp controls.

As for the Nav option it is $995.

But it also includes the Drivers convenience features which is priced at $500. So in essence I am paying $495 for Nav features not the best but not the worst price either. My other car wanted $800 just for nav features.

BTW Generaltso if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for yours/specs?

Edited by Estoyloco

BTW Generaltso if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for yours/specs?

They gave me the $1500 Customer Cash and came down $1200 on the price, so I only got about $2700 below MSRP. I thought I could do better, but the dealer wouldn't budge on that price. That equates to about $32k. I went with:

2012 Crew AWD

- Navigation and Sound Group

- Flexible Seating Group

- Heated Seats

- Second Row Booster Seats

- Power Sunroof

- Trailer Tow Prep Package

- OEM Hitch w/ Install

By the way, where did you find specifics on how the rear seat entertainment integrates with the front head unit? I haven't seen those details before.

By the way, where did you find specifics on how the rear seat entertainment integrates with the front head unit? I haven't seen those details before.

Was an assumption from the 2011 as I have not seen a 2012 with the DVD option.

Not the front head unit, but the rear AC controls.

E.g. below from 2011.

http://www.dodge.com/en/2011/journey/innovations/entertainment/

E.g. below from 2011.

That's interesting. It looks like the rear HVAC is missing a knob in that picture. Do you know if the rear screen is controlled by the front head unit and plays the DVD from the front? It doesn't look like there's a separate DVD player in the rear.

E.g. below from 2011.

I just read the VEC section in the owner's manual that details how the rear seat entertainment integrates with the head unit, and it sounds like it's really slick! Now I'm thinking I should have included the rear entertainment in my order. Did you have any trouble adding the packages to your order after it was already submitted? I called my dealer to see if I could add it, and they said that the car is in "D1" status and already has a VIN number assigned, so they can't make any changes. But that seems weird since your order was placed before mine.

I just read the VEC section in the owner's manual that details how the rear seat entertainment integrates with the head unit, and it sounds like it's really slick! Now I'm thinking I should have included the rear entertainment in my order. Did you have any trouble adding the packages to your order after it was already submitted? I called my dealer to see if I could add it, and they said that the car is in "D1" status and already has a VIN number assigned, so they can't make any changes. But that seems weird since your order was placed before mine.

I didn't have any problems with mine, however mine hadn't start being built yet and didn't have a VIN.

My dealer did tell me once I was assigned a VIN that changes could not be guaranteed, so that is probably why you can't change yours.

My original order guaranteed delivery date was NLT Dec 12. With the changes it is now Dec 30.

The rear entertainment package also has a build date of no earlier than November 1st, I guess waiting for parts.

Edited by Estoyloco

I didn't have any problems with mine, however mine hadn't start being built yet and didn't have a VIN.

My dealer did tell me once I was assigned a VIN that changes could not be guaranteed, so that is probably why you can't change yours.

My original order guaranteed delivery date was NLT Dec 12. With the changes it is now Dec 30.

The rear entertainment package also has a build date of no earlier than November 1st, I guess waiting for parts.

Well, it turns out the dealer was wrong. My car doesn't have a VIN yet, it has a VON which is just an order number. But they still don't think the order can be changed. I sent an email directly to Chrysler, and they got right back to me saying that they'll send the request to the factory and get back to me Monday. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Well, it turns out the dealer was wrong. My car doesn't have a VIN yet, it has a VON which is just an order number. But they still don't think the order can be changed. I sent an email directly to Chrysler, and they got right back to me saying that they'll send the request to the factory and get back to me Monday. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

As promised, a rep from Chrysler got back to me today and told me that they have added the rear seat entertainment to my order. I'm very impressed with the communication!

Do you know if the Rear Seat Video Group comes with Sirius Backseat TV? It looks like it did in 2010, but I can't find any mention of it for 2011 or 2012.

Don't think so looks like they stopped makign it after 2010.

BTW I just got assigned a VIN.

Is there a Dodge site that lets you check status base on VIN?