Fuel consumption.

45dodge

Has anyone tried 91 octane, or more importantly 0% Ethanol gas? I know there isn't suppose to be any power gains from it, but I have noticed that since I switched to 0% Ethanol gas (usually 91 octane, except for converted Sunoco/Petrocan they are all 10% Ethanol) the distance to empty seems to drop more slowly and the L/100 KM seems to be slowly dropping even with some heavy footed driving through city streets and I use the A/C quite often. Currently I'm 16.2L/100km.

I got a few angry responses from another site regarding this issue but yes 0% ethanol fuels will definitely increase your mileage but not enough to justify the difference in cost from regular 87 fuels. I always track my mileage with my vehicle which is the same trip everytime to work and back and always found that when using 0% ethanol fuels you do go a little further.

..... but not enough to justify the difference in cost from regular 87 fuels.....

Considering the potential damage ethanol can cause along with better mileage, I think the difference in cost is justifiable. I know new engines are supposed to be designed to accept ethanol use, but why take the chance.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on ethanol affect on fuel. After a couple tanks of 91 octane (0%) ethanol fuel my AVG L/100km has dropped from mid 16s to mid 14s.

My driving habits haven't changed and I still drive with a heavy foot from a stop, just level out when I reach the posted limits.

In the summer with the A/C on constant I was mid 18s. I'm interested to see what the affect 0% ethanol brings next summer.