Rear passenger door locks

RAV

Maybe my kids are nuts but they are the ones in the back seat. They say if I open the driver's door first, the rear doors unlock. But, they need to ask me to unlock the doors if they try to get out before me ? Who knows, guess we will test some day.

Edited by probak118

56 minutes ago, probak118 said:

Maybe my kids are nuts but they are the ones in the back seat. They say if I open the driver's door first, the rear doors unlock. But, they need to ask me to unlock the doors if they try to get out before me ? Who knows, guess we will test some day.

haha okay, I guess it's "normal" then lol thanks. 

• 3 months later...

My '09 Journey started having a problem with the rear passenger door lock. It wouldn't unlock unless I opened the drivers door or pressed the unlock button. I check to be sure the child protect was disabled and it was. It progressed to where now, it will not unlock  at all, unless you climb into the back seat and stretch over to manually unlock it. Also, sometimes it will not lock when you drive and sometimes it does. A new assembly is ordered and I will have it installed for about $320. I have also had to have the front passenger lock replaced a few years ago. I only have 64,000 miles on the car and am being told I need a new heater core because the passenger side is not putting out hot air, (Drivers side is fine) and whatever makes the air deflect from upper to lower is malfunctioning as well. I think these are know issues and Dodge isn't taking responsibility for their manufacture defects! 

2 hours ago, blondie42550 said:

My '09 Journey started having a problem with the rear passenger door lock. It wouldn't unlock unless I opened the drivers door or pressed the unlock button. I check to be sure the child protect was disabled and it was. It progressed to where now, it will not unlock  at all, unless you climb into the back seat and stretch over to manually unlock it. Also, sometimes it will not lock when you drive and sometimes it does. A new assembly is ordered and I will have it installed for about $320. I have also had to have the front passenger lock replaced a few years ago. I only have 64,000 miles on the car and am being told I need a new heater core because the passenger side is not putting out hot air, (Drivers side is fine) and whatever makes the air deflect from upper to lower is malfunctioning as well. I think these are know issues and Dodge isn't taking responsibility for their manufacture defects! 

Maybe you can start a class action lawsuit....

2 hours ago, blondie42550 said:

Regardless of how many miles are on it the vehicle is still 9 years old. There are going to be issues and annoyances at this point with ANY vehicle. Heat/AC are common issues because they are normally always running, the heater core works when you are using air conditioning AND heat so it gets a lot of use year round. As far as the doors, I doubt that has anything to do with it, you'll have to take the door panels off to check the lock switches. First I would make sure you figure out for sure when it DOES or does not work.