Who here had a dead battery on a new '11?

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem with an AWD crew. It had a dead battery early in 2012 and I had it jumped. No problems until the battery was dead again in November 2012. It happened twice last month and now every day this month it has had a low battery and needed to be jumped. The vehicle started once today after driving for about 70 miles and letting it sit for 6h. I just drove it for 5 min and now it won't start. I have a service appointment tomorrow. I will post the results as soon as I can.

• Official Dodge Support
I am having the same problem with an AWD crew. It had a dead battery early in 2012 and I had it jumped. No problems until the battery was dead again in November 2012. It happened twice last month and now every day this month it has had a low battery and needed to be jumped. The vehicle started once today after driving for about 70 miles and letting it sit for 6h. I just drove it for 5 min and now it won't start. I have a service appointment tomorrow. I will post the results as soon as I can.

Hopefully the software flash mentioned earlier in this thread will cure the issue. Please keep us posted.

Still no answer from dealer. They were able to re-create the problem. I asked about software updates and do not know if any were done yet. I was told last night that they were looking for a short as the source of the battery drain.

Still no answer from dealer. They were able to re-create the problem. I asked about software updates and do not know if any were done yet. I was told last night that they were looking for a short as the source of the battery drain.

Problem found and probably solved. Car is ready to be picked up now. It had to stay overnight to make sure battery wasn't draining. I will post the final resolution after I pick up the vehicle.

Problem found and probably solved. Car is ready to be picked up now. It had to stay overnight to make sure battery wasn't draining. I will post the final resolution after I pick up the vehicle.

problem was thought to be open wire in harness and was repaired. software update was also performed. so far so good.

• 2 months later...
problem was thought to be open wire in harness and was repaired. software update was also performed. so far so good.

Dead battery again this morning. I called roadside assistance for a jump. I am getting rid of an otherwise perfectly good vehicle as soon as possible. The problem is too unpredictable making the vehicle unreliable.

Edited by journal