Wet Floor and water in storage bin

Jammie Dodger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

IMG_20200725_133450545.thumb.jpg.6bfc58bfb8979ae024dfa47047b23927.jpg

My wife was driving our Journey last week for a few hours with AC running at full speed.  She came home and said she heard water sloshing and when I went out to look the passenger side floor had about an inch of water in it.  I felt up under the dash and could feel water dripping down.  I dried everything off and took a look on the weekend.  When I start the AC I could see a steady drip coming out from a plastic housing up under the dashboard (passenger side).  I tried to tighten the screw as much as possible but it still drips, albeit slower then it was.  Does anyone know what the plastic housing is for?  I assume it relates to the AC unit somehow but am unsure.  Has anyone experienced a leak in this area before?  The diagram I attached shows a drop of water about to fall from the area in question.

Was just working on my step sons dodge truck and i seen it was wet on the passenger side carpet real bad, he said it had just started doing that this last week.pulled the carpet back and seen it was leaking around a plastic part that had no holes or screws, so i cranked up my air compressor and crawled under the truck and then seen the drip tube coming out of the firewall for the ac water to drain and nothing was coming out so i shot some air into the drip tube and then it started draining so we dried off the inside of the cab with towels the best we could and also dried off the rubber sound padding  under the plastic part where i seen the water dripping from and no more drip, ran the air for about 10 minutes and it continued to drain out thur the drain tube,so hope we got it fixed, havent heard back from him since we fixed it........by the way what we were org doing was putting a dash skin cover over his broken plastic dash and also the instrument panel as well, looked really good after we did it and and unless you are looking really hard to see what we did you wouldn't even see it....good way to fix your broken or damaged dash they fit just perfect and the color was spot on as well got it off amazon was about $212 for both parts

On 7/28/2020 at 10:58 AM, doofswha said:

IMG_20200725_133450545.thumb.jpg.6bfc58bfb8979ae024dfa47047b23927.jpg

My wife was driving our Journey last week for a few hours with AC running at full speed.  She came home and said she heard water sloshing and when I went out to look the passenger side floor had about an inch of water in it.  I felt up under the dash and could feel water dripping down.  I dried everything off and took a look on the weekend.  When I start the AC I could see a steady drip coming out from a plastic housing up under the dashboard (passenger side).  I tried to tighten the screw as much as possible but it still drips, albeit slower then it was.  Does anyone know what the plastic housing is for?  I assume it relates to the AC unit somehow but am unsure.  Has anyone experienced a leak in this area before?  The diagram I attached shows a drop of water about to fall from the area in question.

As a follow up, turns out the AC drain hose was clogged (like the post after mine).  Used the air compressor to shoot some air into the drain pipe and a good amount of water came gushing out.    Was a bit of work to get to the drain pipe but I was able to snake a flexible hose down from the top and place it over the end.  Pictures of where the drain pipe is located (from the top) and the hose I used.

IMG_20200729_182112.jpg

IMG_20200729_182231.jpg

1 hour ago, doofswha said:

As a follow up, turns out the AC drain hose was clogged (like the post after mine).  Used the air compressor to shoot some air into the drain pipe and a good amount of water came gushing out.    Was a bit of work to get to the drain pipe but I was able to snake a flexible hose down from the top and place it over the end.  Pictures of where the drain pipe is located (from the top) and the hose I used.

IMG_20200729_182112.jpg

IMG_20200729_182231.jpg

glad you got it fixed and it was a simple thing like a clogged drain outlet

also welcome to the group,and just a warning your battery will probably need changing soon ( if it is the oem) and every one will tell you journeys dont like a weak battery, might want to watch out for a good sale on one and watch a few you tube battery replacement vidios and do it on a good day instead of waiting for it to go out on you at a bad time or bad weather

Yes good idea. The remote terminals show a drop of about 0.2 -0.3 from top terminals on battery in fender. Normal full battery day after sitting approx 12.7-12.8 on top terminals. So you won’t get that under hood even scratching with sharp meter probes.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/1/2011 at 3:42 PM, Lostinparadise said:

I JUST discovered the same issue in my '09 R/T....after dunking my $750 DSLR camera into the water-filled stow-n-go compartment behind the driver's seat. :censored:

Also in that compartment, both bluetooth headsets that go with the entertainment system. :cry:

Same here. Headsets and remote submerged in the compartment behind the passengen’s seat 😭