Poisonivey63

My ticking journey

:cool: why is my 2014 ticking under the hood , runs great but ticking needs fixed ,any suggestions what the problem is?

Moved to the correct section.

Well, first you need to open the hood and isolate where the ticking is coming from. Report back. 

I think the junky responses are due to the fact that it could be anything.  It's probably internal, and it may be something or nothing to worry about.   Isolate the tick as suggested.  Lifters can often tick.  Maybe an oil change is in order.  If you're really worried,  a real mechanic's opinion is what you need.  

Peace. 

Just had mine at the dealer for a "tick". They replaced camshaft and lifters. Apparently a common issue with the 3.6L Pentastar engine.

9 hours ago, JourneySounds said:

Just had mine at the dealer for a "tick". They replaced camshaft and lifters. Apparently a common issue with the 3.6L Pentastar engine.

Had our 3.6L for 5 years and almost 90,000 miles. Never had a tick. It's apparently NOT common.....

2 hours ago, jkeaton said:

Had our 3.6L for 5 years and almost 90,000 miles. Never had a tick. It's apparently NOT common.....

2014 94 k no ticking on my 3.6,,,knock on wood

It is common on the 3.6. the rocker arms bearing will wear out. There's plenty of YouTube videos on how to fix it but you really do have to be mechanicaly inclined. The hardest part about the job is disconnecting everything in the way.