probak118

Rubber drip edge on top of inside of liftgate

That flexible rubber strip was about half off of my 2012, you see it when lift gate is fully open; attached to the underside of the liftgate top. I used gorilla glue to re-attach but am now curious what that rubber strip is for really ?  It looks like a drip edge you would find over a storm door but does not go the whole width of the liftgate opening. Does it help with wind noise or simply force water entering the seem to go to the sides and not drip on you when open ? 

Half of the left side had come off, you can see some glue above the left side top now.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

On 8/1/2019 at 7:04 AM, probak118 said:

That flexible rubber strip was about half off of my 2012, you see it when lift gate is fully open; attached to the underside of the liftgate top. I used gorilla glue to re-attach but am now curious what that rubber strip is for really ?  It looks like a drip edge you would find over a storm door but does not go the whole width of the liftgate opening. Does it help with wind noise or simply force water entering the seem to go to the sides and not drip on you when open ? 

have no idea probally for the water to go towards the side to drain,just glue it back.happy trails...