Center console 12V outlets not working

Way to go!  Great work!  Glad you got it figured out.  You have outsmarted the mechanics at CarMax.  Take Armando's advice and get the fuse box checked for corrosion.  Chances are that other fuses (or the box) are corroded as well.

Good luck with it.

mechanical-idiot

The fuse was not corroded. No discoloration what so ever. I just took the fuse out and wiped it off because it wasn’t blown and put the fuse back and all of a sudden the outlets started to work again.

well it just could have been put in crooked at the factory and your the first person to use that outlet............ yrs ago my son was fooling with his camaro and after a while he came in saying dad my car is running rough i ask all the usual questions and then i also looked at the fuse box under the dash pulled out the fuses he said he was messing with didnt see nothing wrong ,so after a day or so i put it in the local repair garage and they did the usually checks and changed the plugs,wires and such no luck i had told them about the fuses he said he was fooling with and after another day and a big bill the mech called and said its running fine. went to pick it up and he said your son had pulled one of the two fuses for the fuel injectors and when he replaced the fuse, one of the prongs went on the wrong side of the connector and wasn't making contact causing the one side of the injectors not to fire right...oh well 

• 2 months later...

So, in the line of center console ports not working, I went to replace the fuses for mine and I found that the fuse slot for the 12v outlets in the center console was a micro3 20A slot. Is this what it's supposed to be? All the other slots are micro2 blade slots? Or did I just get lucky enough to have the one weird fuse box? Btw it's a real treat to try and find micro3 in a 20A.

• 8 months later...
On 5/3/2019 at 3:03 PM, GShealy said:

Status Update: 

Got home after work and decided to look at the problem myself. Both console 12V outlets work through the battery and runs off a 20amp fuse. I took the fuse out (not blown) and cleaned the connections off. Plugged the fuse back in, and viola, both outlets work! Took me less than a minute to fix compared to a week at CarMax (who could not figure it out)! GO FIGURE!

I have same problem I'm just a few miles over the manufacturer warranty. And it's not as simple as to go into the dealership to have them fixed. I went to dodge dealership found out There is deductible you have to pay of $100. And that's if they can find the problem. If they can't find the problem you have to pay $150 to get your car back. It's not as simple as everybody thinks. But thank you for the heads up I will definitely have my boyfriend try that on my dodge 

5 hours ago, Pandamom said:

I have same problem I'm just a few miles over the manufacturer warranty. And it's not as simple as to go into the dealership to have them fixed. I went to dodge dealership found out There is deductible you have to pay of $100. And that's if they can find the problem. If they can't find the problem you have to pay $150 to get your car back. It's not as simple as everybody thinks. But thank you for the heads up I will definitely have my boyfriend try that on my dodge 

You dont expect them to work on a vehicle out of warranty for free do you?