Sign in to follow this  
probak118

Front side windows still fogging with fan on high

Replaced a leaking heater core about 3 weeks ago and cleaned all inside windows 2-twice. I know it is very cold now but still noticing some fogging. The A posts on the DJ are pretty big, does that affect the small defrost vents from working as you would hope ? I used invisible glass cleaner then some very hot water to remove possible coolant residuals, having window tint all around I do not want to damage it. Has anyone used vinegar / water mixture with success ? I just never recall an issue this bad having bought the DJ new in April 2012. With the fan setting on panel / floor mix all the windows start fogging up. Defrost  or defrost floor is the only option that helps.

i have some fogging of the windows but nothing serious when it is really cold thank goodness i live in the south to be honest, i dont think i would like the journey in real cold northern states as the heater is not as good as it should be.

I do not recall it as an issue really...wonder since heater core issue I am more aware of it in general now.  Glad to hear it's not just me, thanks. Yes the minus 26 C  / - 15 F not including wind chill is a little abnormal lately LOL

Agree with 2late4u. Most of my vehicles have had this problem in very cold weather. The Journey is actually not too bad but I always use the defrost vent / floor setting for just this reason. Anything else and the side windows will begin to fog around the edges. The problem is worse if your door and window seals have any air leaks. Clean and treat the seals as part of your normal vehicle maintenance.

i use the upper vents and the floor vent position but then i turn the upper vents all the way up and towards the window, the air blows hits the windows and then bounces and hits the side of my ears seems to keep the side windows real clear and sends the air or heat to the rear the best...