phoenix1151

Heat shield ??

This fell off my wifes 2012 Journey SXT.  We recently had front wheel bearings and lower ball joints replaced and it looked like a wheel well heat shield to me, but I don't see a comparable shield in either wheel well.  Any ideas as to where this shield goes?

journey heat shield.jpg

need to take it back the the shop that did your work and tell them to fix it properly

It's a pretty important piece, I agree that taking it back and telling them it fell off your car after the repair was made and they need to find out where it goes and re-install it. 

Edited by jkeaton

That is the shield riveted to the plastic part that surrounds the spare tire. I reattached mine with black zip ties. It falls off after the  steel rivets rust away.

Hank

Thanks Hankster, I actually crawled under the spare tire area this morning to look at that location but couldn't see anything definitive.  I'll have to put the rear end up on my ramps and look again.  I wanted to make sure its falling off was or wasn't related to the work on the front wheels before talking to the mechanic. 

I put the Journey's rear end up on my ramps yesterday and having things more than an inch or two from my nose helped to see a lot better, lol.  I dropped the spare, drilled and popped out the rivets that were all still in the plastic liner.  I replaced the pop rivets with washer backing so they should last.  Thanks again Hankster.