Cbbroo

How often to wash?

I just signed up for a monthly unlimited wash plan at a local car wash.  It’s right around the corner from the house so I can easily get a wash daily.  How much is too much? Will I damage the pain if I get it washed too frequently? Should I get it washed weekly or am I safe getting it washed more often?

Hopefully you shower daily.  Sorry, couldn’t resist!

I’ve been washing  my black 09 about every 10 days or so, maybe weekly in the winter. I also get the spray wax with the wash and an annual hand wax.

I was mine once a week but according to an article I read online, it is recommended to only wash your car every 2 weeks and have it waxed every 6 months. 

If I chose to buy a wash plan, I'd make sure the facilities are to my liking, meaning minimal risk of scratching. (There's a place near my work that uses vehicle-contacting blower ducts to dry. I'm not going there ever again for fear of scratches)

I know a guy who has the Meijer (Walmart-esq Supermarket chain) unlimited wash card. He washed is car every other day... and when it snowed, he'd just scrape the front window then he'd run the car through the wash to de-ice the rest on the way in to work.

As far as me? I'd wash it probably every three or four days. One personal feeling I have towards any monthly paid service: If i'm paying for it, I'll utilize the crap out of it! 

As was mentioned by NavalLacrosse, scratching is the main concern.  Another concern is the frequency and potency of detergents that your paint will be exposed to.   Even if you wash weekly,  that's 52 washes a year.  That's a lot!  Monthly washes should be sufficient,  imo.  If you're concerned about salt, get an undercarriage wash every few days, a monthly wash, and call it good.  I'd up the waxing schedule to every 2 months if you are constantly washing the car in this program.   

Peace.

i only wash mine when it gets real bad, most of the time every few days i give it a quick wipe down with the micro towels and car detail spray between washes and wax ( which it is over do) of course i live in al so we have mostly great weather...