Dodge will tell you you can't use the in dash DVD player

Lurch

I have a 2009 Journey SXT with the REQ radio. I did what the post said and connected leads to pin 6 and 7. I hooked up a small tv from the house and everything worked great. I do like the factory look but the prices are ridiculous. Aftermarket hardware is much cheaper and has a better look and more features. I will be getting a rear monitor this weekend and a nice headunit with gps, bluetooth, dvd, and screen for about $250. Way cheaper than OEM. I have been online looking for instructions on mounting the video screen and the ones from the factory show you basically remove the entire interior to put in a bracket to hold a 8" screen. That's plain stupid. Does anyone know how to install a flip down monitor securely without me having to rip out the insides of my beloved Journey? Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

to remove the radio is easy:

from the bottom (over the 12V plugs) you pull out the cover a little, then finish to remove it from the top (around air outlet) then 4 torx screws and the radio came out.

Go to the mopar site, select a dodge journey Blue tooth and have a look to the pictures on how to do that.

ciao

Raffaele

• 1 year later...

There is a way to change the configuration of the DVD to see the videos when the Journey is walking (in the position of the lever DRIVE), ie remove the function that you can only view videos when the lever is in PARK. We travel a lot with my wife and she would like to see the videos.

I appreciate if I can provide a solution to avoid having to install an additional display on the front left.

Thank you

That is exactly what I cannot figure out any help, I cannot find anything in the seetings but I am sure there is something there to disable this function.

• 5 months later...

2009 Dodge Journey REQ Radio NO Cameras or DVD screens/plays DVD audio. The C3 WHITE 22 pin plug has three wires in it ( 8-shield 9- Green/Orange 10-Green/Grey ). Where are they going? If I want to install an after market video screen what is the best solution?

I bought a 22 pin connector from Amazon ($12.00) and used a couple pins to put in the existing C3 white plug 6/7 soldered to the Video plug end.( the Video was 7 common 6- you will know the difference if you test them before soldering)Hooked up to a TV video in and the DVDs play great-the Radio controls seek/scan fwd/rew control for the video the existing radio controls all the audio. Works in all driving modes -P/R/D. The unit stops while in Uconnect but resumes after calls like the radio. Thank for the pin settings for the C3. Will but a Video screen(dvd player 9" from Amazon with TV tuner for under under $100. Three way power 12v /battery/ AC.

• 1 month later...

That's what I'm planning to do as well.

But I think I will by to separate units, not two screens to one dvd-player.

The kids are 3 and 6 years old - and don't really agree on movie choices ;-)

And on vacation you can take them with you out of the car and the kids can have one unit and me and my wife can have the other.

/Andreas

This is exactly what we did. We purchased the 8"RCA unit's where you can watch two different DVD's at the same time. I got them for a steal at Walmart Canada for $100.00. They each have there own remote. Then I purchased 3 wireless headphones off eBay for $100.00 for all 3. They are Rapoo H3070's 2.4g. The seller was asking $46.61 each - I offered him $100.00 for 3 and he agreed. Our 3 kids Love them and no tangled wires and quiet long trips. :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

That is exactly what I cannot figure out any help, I cannot find anything in the settings but I am sure there is something there to disable this function.

With a 2013 DJ with a 8 inch no GPS, yes that is the million dollar question with out having to spend a couple of hundred bucks on a C8 or what ever, when all I want to do is play DVDs on front screen. If I had wanted to spend the extra bucks probably should have found one with a rear screen. It makes no sense that they would even put a DVD feature in if you cant really use it. In another list they were talking about a way to go through and adjust through watching in park go to DVD set up shifting to drive and then pressing back. any one heard of that

• 2 years later...

Anybody know if there is a code to unlock the nav screen while driving

You will need to buy a Lockpick, unless someone here knows how to hack the software. I can't change my playlist on my SD card without stopping the car and putting it in Park.

It's a legal requirement that they limit access to certain interactive features while the vehicle is in motion . . . . . I, for one think it would make sense to check the front passenger seat to see if there is a live body and if there is, to not lock the features out.

But that's just me.

I can change playlists while the car is not in park...

Well, at least I assume I can. I can switch from Artist to Album to Genre or select an individual song while the vehicle is not in park. I can't imagine that part is unlocked but playlist selection is locked out on the same radio.

Edited by bfurth

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/15/2008 at 0:33 PM, Lurch said:

OK so here is a quick write up on how to get the DVD video signal off of your stock 6 disk radio unit. (this will not work with the RES model)

The picture I made shows which pin on the radio supplies the video out signal. The trick was how to attatch a cable to that pin. Well being the computer teacher/nerd that I am I had some jumpers lying around(lower left picture). I then clipped off the end of an RCA cable (12ft cabels)and stripped back just enough to put the center wire of the RCA through one side of the computer jumper and crimped it(smashed that one side of the jumper) using a pair of needle nose pliers. If you use this same method make sure that you cut away the negative wiring on the RCA so that it doesn't cause a short. Then use electrical tape to tape the jumper and RCA wire to ensure it dosent come loose. Then use the needle nose pliers to slide the uncrimped half of the computer jumper onto the indicated pin and you have video. :happyfeet:

reqDVDvideoOUT.jpg

Hey all,

I just bought a 2016 RT with the 3.6 ltr.  V-6. I have the large screen head unit, I quess the 8.4? My question is; can I hook up a rear camera and use main screen to view?, and as it only has one (1) DVD/CD slot under head unit can I view a DVD on it? I don't know what radio I have, It appears to have everything, except Nav. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...