Unfortunately for me my issue was not as described in the TSB and I was only getting 4% compression loss.  So I was on the hook for the diagnostic fee and had to pay another diagnostic fee to determine why my engine was knocking.

Turns out I had collapsed lifters and camshaft.  They put in 6 new lifters, a new camshaft, 6 new spark plugs and $1500.00 CAD later my engine is running normally again....well sort of.

It seems to knock for about 2-5 seconds on cold start up but quickly goes away.  Something I didn't notice before my engine troubles.  I know it revved higher on startup but the knock seems new.  It might just be paranoia that this point.  It idles a little rough when heated up and stays at 500 rpm and just 2 days after having the work done it through a P06DD code which went away a few hours later after I had no other choice but to drive it somewhere.

Dodge has me scheduled for another appointment next week to check out the rough idle and P06DD, hopefully nothing serious and nothing expensive.

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2018 at 7:20 PM, Joyce Dorris said:

I have a 2014 Dodge Journey SXT all-wheel drive and the engine light came on. I purchased a code reader FIXD and it came back with a code showing that I needed the oil pressure sensor unit replaced. I called the Dodge dealer and they quoted me $560 to repair it. I went on YouTube and found the site that shows how to replace that sensor. The Dodge dealer was going to charge me for removing the intake manifold which was it necessary. I went out and purchased the part and replaced it. Granted you have to have the right tools to do this and I happen to have them. I have the codes cleared and my rig is back up and running for less than $60. Buy in this code reader was well worth the money that I paid for it.

Would you happen to still have the link to that video?  Looks like I have the same problem and my dealer wants $900+tax CAD to replace the entire pump.

21 hours ago, AstralRT said:

Would you happen to still have the link to that video?  Looks like I have the same problem and my dealer wants $900+tax CAD to replace the entire pump.

P06DD Pertains specifically to oil pressure as measured at the dual stage oil pump, where P0520 Is the pressure sensor under the intake. That is definitely the more common one. The oil pump falls under powertrain coverage. If your Journey is within the powertrain warranty then there would be no charge to replace it. The pressure sensor is a Basic 3/36 Warranty item. 

On 11/5/2018 at 6:45 PM, AstralRT said:

Anyone know of any videos showing how to replace the oil pump on a 3.6 AWD?

If you have searched YouTube and can’t find any, then no.  Can’t imagine it would be that terribly difficult if you have the proper tools. Remove whatever you have to to drop the oil pan. 

Edited by jkeaton

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I've been reading this post and I think mine is a related issue.

We have a Dodge Journey R/T JC MY13 Wagon and we've just had to shell out nearly $600 AUD for broken rocker arms. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers

image.png

• 9 months later...