Drive side mirror obstructing view?

Hi guys:

I'm hoping someone can advise. When I make a left turn, the side mirror and its' housing obstruct my view of the street I am turning onto. Anyone else have this problem? I want to replace it with something much smaller! I've never had this problem on any vehicle before. Any suggestions?

Also, this isn't mirror related but I figured I'd ask. I need to get a 2nd key fob for my vehicle. It has push button and remote start capability. I've called dealers, online companies, auto locksmiths. The pricing is crazy! I've found the range to be $175-$425.00. What is standard? Is there a standard?

Thank you for any help you might offer.

Mary

Can't help with the first issue. Key prices are going to be all over, just like you found out.Just know that where ever you get it from, it will need to be programmed be the dealer or a competent locksmith, and do not buy a used key. From what I've heard once they are programmed for one car they cannot be reprogrammed for another car. If I am wrong, one of the smarter folks here will correct me.

I dont think your going to find a smaller mirror that will fit, but who can say.  Start looking at cars and find one you like, then see if the housing will fit.  I doubt the wiring is going to be the same so you'll have to figure that out too.  Most likely more hassle then its worth.  Honestly I never heard of this, but I haven't seen or heard everything....yet!  Lol

good luck