Emblem Delete easy DYI

So I decided to delete some of the emblems for a cleaner look in my opinion your entitled to yours. Anyways you'll need fishing wire I used a 12lb-tug nothing fancy and a decal eraser purchased from Amazon for 11 dollars and a hairdryer( is what I had on hand) or heat gun and finally a power drill. 

1. Heat the emblem you want to delete use fishing wire to get behind it and pull through

2. Use the rubber decal eraser pad on a power drill and be amazed of how easily it removes it. It took me about 2 mins to remove the residue from the emblems. Pictures speak for themselves good luck no polishing was done after I used the eraser I didn't see a need. 

IMG_6805.JPG

IMG_6806.JPG

IMG_6807.JPG

Edited by Eduardo831
Typo

you made it sound hard and expensive to remove the emblems... i used bumper sticker remover from autozone and just sprayed it on and let it set a minute then used my fingernail to lift the edge of the emblem and then sprayed a little more of the spray and slowly removed the emblem then wiped it clean ..done ...easy peasy  no heat gun no fishing wire no decal eraser or power drill

Just now, 2late4u said:

you made it sound hard and expensive to remove the emblems... i used bumper sticker remover from autozone and just sprayed it on and let it set a minute then used my fingernail to lift the edge of the emblem and then sprayed a little more of the spray and slowly removed the emblem then wiped it clean ..done ...easy peasy  no heat gun no fishing wire no decal eraser or power drill

I should of made a video my method took mins what your describing I have experience doing that on my g35 was not fun and took for ever. That is why made this post to let others know the easiest most effective method. For example if you have side moldings you would not want to use your finger nails or bumper sticker remover that would take forever. 

3 hours ago, Eduardo831 said:

I should of made a video my method took mins what your describing I have experience doing that on my g35 was not fun and took for ever. That is why made this post to let others know the easiest most effective method. For example if you have side moldings you would not want to use your finger nails or bumper sticker remover that would take forever. 

didnt take me forever, but whatever.... less than 10 minutes for all the emblems that i wanted off...

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Bryman31 said:

im thinking of taking mine off, id like to replace the chrome ones with black.  do you happen to know they they come in black?

thanks for the tips. 

Try Plasti-Dip. Comes in a variety of colors and works great.