I want to add foglights to my 2014 SE

1 minute ago, km-04 said:

How hard would this be to do? The bumper just has the "grille" piece there, for lack of a better term. Is there a kit you can buy that will have everything needed, to include the switch for turning them on?

Yes. The dealer can supply you everything you need to install OEM fog lights.

LOL!!! Thanks jkeaton. I guess I wasn't very clear, forgive me. I meant this would be a DIY job. I know it's a 2014 but I really like the Journey, it has served us well since buying. Just got the wife one of her dream cars and I got the Journey and my 3rd oldest, going off to college, got my car. I am toying with the idea of doing a few things to the Journey and want to do as much as i can myself, but I also don't want to void the warranty.

That is going to be tough then. You can buy all the parts you would need. Bezels, fog light housings, switch, etc. and maybe install them yourself, but like a lot of things, the dealer may have to enable them. Check on ebay. I've never seen an OEM "kit" that has everything factory in it. There are aftermarket kits but require a separate switch and wiring. You would have to check your warranty conditions to see what would impact the warranty.

2 hours ago, jkeaton said:

That is going to be tough then. You can buy all the parts you would need. Bezels, fog light housings, switch, etc. and maybe install them yourself, but like a lot of things, the dealer may have to enable them. Check on ebay. I've never seen an OEM "kit" that has everything factory in it. There are aftermarket kits but require a separate switch and wiring. You would have to check your warranty conditions to see what would impact the warranty.

Thanks. I may have to go the dealer route if I want it done then. I am used to doing it on cars that are out of warranty so it was no problem to "add" a hole where needed. You folks are great at getting an answer. I hope I can answer someones question as quick and complete some day.

To keep costs down, perhaps some of the components you could get from a breakers  e.g. foglight housings / grills etc (as per JKeaton) ?

But, I'm not familiar with your warranty terms - must be 5 year I'm guessing ? Warranty may not even cover those components so it might be worth re-reading it.

Your local dealership will sell you a fog light kit (there are two versions) for your vehicle.  The Mopar website lists them for $234.  The difference between kits is one is for vehicles with auto headlights, the other is not (different light switch in the kit).  Instructions are available on the ordering page.  It does not indicate any computer update is necessary for fog light addition (check with dealer to be certain).  These kits are labeled for use on 2011-2015 Journey models (your 2014 SE has the same lower bumper as is pictured on the ordering page).

Without auto headlights: https://mopar.chromedata.com/NextGen/C1111#/productDetails/274851/107562665

With auto headlights: https://mopar.chromedata.com/NextGen/C1111#/productDetails/2206248/107563148

Edited by bfurth