Cabin light in 09 journey?

My new-to-me 09 journey just surprised me when I opened the door in the dark for the first time and no light came on. Hit the switch.. nada. Manually hit the lights, still nothing.

The manual is kind of cryptic in what fuse to check. I know they replaced the headliner because the previous wonder was a smoker.. could they have failed to re-connect the cabin lights? Wouldn't it throw a code?

I don't want to ask the obvious question of checking the bulb, figuring that was done. Before assuming something wasn't connected I would do a circuit test to see if you are getting any power to it. That should determine if it is connected or not. Otherwise, I would personally bring it back if you bought it from a dealer. I don't believe this would cause it to their a code though.

1 hour ago, Dusty256 said:

are you sure the  dimmer switch for the dash is not in the off position. there is one position on the light switch stalk that will prevent the inside lights from coming on with the door open

that had happened to me Dusty not to long ago was wondering WTH is wrong till i thought to check the dimmer switch.... lol     P.S. my light

dimmer  switch is a small wheel switch on the dash panel right behind the wiper switch

Edited by 2late4u

Hm. They said it was a fuse, but I literally checked every fuse. I asked which fuse in case it happened again and they said on the mechanic will call me. Yah right lol. I think they forgot to re-connect the harness when the pulled out the headliner and didn't want to admit it because it's such an embarrassing mistake. 

At any rate, all better now.  Thanks forum!