So long Wrangler. Hello Journey.

bones1918

Well kid number two was the end to my beloved TJ Wrangler Sport and the more than 170,000 miles of memories, mud, sand and woods.  

After a pretty lengthy search, I stumbled upon an '09 Journey SXT AWD with just under 35K on the clock for a sniff under $10K.  

You can't take the top off, but at least it has a sunroof... 

Did I do ok? 

Dang! 35k on an 09? Did they not drive it very often? Was it a second vehicle? If you bought it from somewhere reputable and had it looked over I would say so. To er on the cautious side though you have to be weary of an 8 year old vehicle that only got 4k of use each year. If the low mileage is due to just a short commute I would say it's fine since it got regular use. If the car sat for long periods of time then I would have it looked over pretty thoroughly just for peace of mind. Look through the forums on here and you can find quite a few common problems with the 09 year, brakes and the transmission lock being two that I think I've read the most about. Those also may not have been addressed by the previous owner if it wasn't driven too often. 

Either way, congratulations on your new Journey! I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as everyone on here has (for the most part). If you have any questions about it or the maintenance feel free to ask away, everyone on here is pretty helpful!