Non powered seat is WAY too high, swap a powered seat?

slowtyper

Wow I am kind of flummoxed as I can't seem to find any way to adjust the height of the non-powered seat, and its just way too high and I am not particularly tall, about 5"10.  

As it sits, the rear view mirror completely blocks a large section of my view.  It literally blocks entire cars and cyclists and pedestrians from my view.  I have to keep ducking my head down and around.  At a stop light I have to duck my head down and look up to see the lights.  Never had a car like that before.   

I saw some threads talking about swapping a powered seat but didn't see anyone actually go through with it.  Anyone ever tried it yet?  Another option I am thinking of trying in the mean time is to remove the rear view mirror and reattach it much higher and maybe more to the right to keep it out of my way.  

Any thoughts?

Edited by slowtyper

look at the seat brackets and see what would involve to have the seat lowered, i found out yrs ago power seats always sit lower than the non powered seats do.finding a seat at a salvaged yard shouldnt be to hard and just have to run power to the cables for it to work dont forget to add inline fuse if you do it.....

16 hours ago, bramfrank said:

On my '11 I had a lever ahead of the recliner release that adjusted seat height.

seat_height.jpg

I have this lever and have been wondering about it as well.  It doesn't lower or raise the seat, instead it just inches the seat forward or backwards a little bit.  It seems really weird to me since we already have the bar underneath to move forward or back.  I figured maybe that was just in case you needed some small adjustments and didn't want to reach down?  Can anyone with a 2012+ confirm if its the same on yours?

Nope I was just being impatient....when moved all the way to the back it does lower the seat as well as move it back.  

Thanks! I'll still look into a power seat because I don't like the bucket feeling of the lowered seat. I prefer to sit upright but for now this will do with some lumbar support pillows.

g   l      a     d      y      o     u      f     I       g      u       r      e      d       I      t      o       u     t   

lol....paying homage to your username.... ;)